logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
shafeek  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2007 5:30:55 AM(UTC)
shafeek

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

For getting buy and Sell alert through SMS, I developed one Custom function using MSX called "SMS.Alert" which takes 2 "array argument" and a constant as parameters. The first two parameter is nothing but "experts buy and sell fml result array" and the third one is expert_id ( say 1- Bolinger, 2 -RSI, etc). The formuala is used as follows

sec1:=Security("Sec1",ExtFml("Sms.Alert",expert_buy_fml,expert_sell_fml,1));

sec2:=Security("Sec2",ExtFml("Sms.Alert",expert_buy_fml,expert_sell_fml,1));

sec3:=Security("Sec3",ExtFml("Sms.Alert",expert_buy_fml,expert_sell_fml,1));

(sec1+sec2+sec3); // irrelevant

Advantage : In One Expert or Window I can run the alert for multiple securities

The above formula will run the "expert buy and sell" on all the securities and will give me alert whenever the criteria is met.

The problem Now I am facing is that, the datetime that I am getting is the base securities datetime,instead of getting the opened securities datetime (tranx time),

Can I pass datetime (tranx time) as an "array argument" to my function ? If possible let me know

Waiting for your reply

cracker  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2007 7:09:31 AM(UTC)
cracker

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
How are you conencting with the SMS server? Which service are you using, if any?
I have tried a similar task using a commercial SMS provider.
Branden Russell  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2007 7:27:42 AM(UTC)
Branden Russell

Depending on what you're trying to do, it may not be necesary to even use the MDK to do SMS.
You can do that right in MetaStock.
There is an email address box in Alerts. Put your SMS email address (it's your phone number @ carrier 8015551234@tmomail.net) if you don't know what it is, call your carrier, search online, or just use phonenumber@teleflip.com and they'll forward it to your phone SMS.

After setting the address up, just set the alerts for the analysis your using to email.
shafeek  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2007 12:08:12 PM(UTC)
shafeek

If I am using the method u suggested, will I be able to do the following

1. Identify the security symbol automatically on which the alerter is running (to include it in SMS Message) it is supposed to run on any security, any number of securities at once (with out any further user intervention for my (who is supposed to be used by non programmer) )
  2. Identify the type of type of security file on which you are running (intraday, EOD,weekly, etc)
  3. I am Using a "mobile hardware device" which is connected to the PC where metastock is running, to send SMS message directly to my Mobile .I know the code to send sms message directly not through mailbox or any third party
  4. He don't want to Keep 10 windows opened for all his 10 security.

The problem still is the same,

1. can I pass date array as an argument to my function which will solve all the issues.

2 . Or tell me how can I write a function that is much like "Security()"