logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
uzoom  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2007 4:14:00 AM(UTC)
uzoom

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I am quite interested in purchasing ICE but I also read there are problems with this plug-ins including bad support. Can anyone comment this?

Is there any other good plug-ins that is worth buying?

Thanks.
Jose  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2007 2:26:32 PM(UTC)
Jose

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I can't comment on ICE but MetaStock add-ons are generally like any other trading tools, specifically made for a certain purpose and useful if used correctly. For example, if you specifically use divergence techniques in your trading strategy, there is no better MetaStock addon than the MACDH/All-In-One Divergence kit. Or if you base your trading strategy around Relative Strength Comparative methods, you may want to have a look at the URSC toolkit. jose '-)
PTJim  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2007 2:46:32 PM(UTC)
PTJim

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
If you find the work of John Bollinger and Alexander Elder (Trading for a Living and other books) interesting, both the Bollinger and Elder plugins do a very faithful job of coding their techniques and except for the core adaptive-code module of Bollinger's system plugin, all are password free so you can examine and/or modify the code to your liking.

I've been working with the Elder MACD divergence Explorer code and think it does a very good job of identifying divergences.

Note that shopping around is profitable to get the best price on plugins; I checked a lot of online sources and purchased both Bollinger kits for about $240 each and the Elder plugin for $199 from elder.com

Can't comment on ICE; no experience with it.

Sam7768  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2007 1:25:40 PM(UTC)
Sam7768

Hi Jose,

I have bought your MACDH tool about one year and I must say that it works excellently most of the times. However, at times, this tool gives out false signals / or the market is in a hyper active mode that it deviates all the laws.

For example, let's take intraday chart of ES07Z for 5th Oct 07, the signals did not do well. I fully agree with you that no tool works well all the time.

However, it would be nice, if you can kinldy look into the above example and advise us that under what circumstances, we must not take the signals. Along with your excellent tool, some guidance would be very useful for novices like us.

Regards.

chris  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2007 2:12:46 AM(UTC)
chris

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

On Behalf of Jose: Sampath, I'm unable to reply to your Divergence kit related post at http://forum. equis.com/ forums/thread/ 24160.aspx A Mr Wabbit has locked me out of that forum prior to his hasty departure from the MetaStock scene. In any case, it would be best to share the knowledge derived from any discussion here within this private and dedicated forum. jose '-) http://www.metastoc ktools.com
Sam7768  
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2007 9:17:23 PM(UTC)
Sam7768

Hello Jose / Chris,

I could not understand your message. Do you want me post my feedback in metastocktool.com?

Please advise.

chris  
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2007 6:09:15 PM(UTC)
chris

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Hey Sampath, Jose was wondering if you could ask any questions in the MACDH Divergence Yahoo Group as Mr Wabbit has banned him from this forum. regards.