logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
alphateam  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2007 3:15:47 PM(UTC)
alphateam

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

The last couple of proposed meetings were cancelled because we did not get enough members together due to the geographically dispersed membership around Britain. However the UK community is talking and helping each other by email. It's very interesting - One is day trading.... Another is a beginner learning from an expensive training course and which he said he would share his experience with us.... Another is writing a program to find buying opportunities in ranges and cycles....another is an end of day trader because he has a full-time job....plus others too ...

If you would like news of when I can them together or other info - please, either respond to this post or respond to the post to Join the UK User Group.

chat to you soon and happy trading

joyaxian  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2007 12:02:38 PM(UTC)
joyaxian

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I would be interested in joining UK users group. I only bought the MetaStock products and wanted to learn from others. If you are organising a meeting, I will do my best to attend.
alphateam  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2007 4:52:44 PM(UTC)
alphateam

I'll send you some details. I'll try to contact you directly.

rgs

stickleback  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 3:29:28 AM(UTC)
stickleback

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hi All

I am in Church Langley, Essex........about halfway between London and Cambridge. I would like to get together with other UK Metastock users...email or meetup

I use Metastock Professional 10.1 with Quote Centre, which is a very complete all singing all dancing subscription package that costs $235 per month with the 1st month free.

This setup must be the nearest thing to a trading room setup that is available to a non-professional user...and all in Real time.....and this being so, is an absolute monster to learn. However there are some good videos https://www.metastock.com/Customer/Training/outline.aspx?c=1

I look forward to hearing from you...........[:D]

alphateam  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 4:10:43 AM(UTC)
alphateam

Hello stickleback

Welcome to the group.

I'll contact you directly via the message tool in this forum. People have been quite busy this year. So I've been keeping in touch with them by email and phone. Everyone is noticing the markets are jumpy. Another long slow recession, perhaps?

Talk to you soon.

best wishes

alphateam  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2007 5:56:30 AM(UTC)
alphateam

Dear UK Users

We are holding an informal pre-Christmas lunch in Central London on Sat 1st Dec 2007 at 12.30hrs in Garfunkels Restaurant, 265 Regent St. which is close by Oxford Circus tube station.

After talking to our members, it seems that a central location would reduce travel time for members who are geographically dispersed around the capital - as far as the West Country to East Anglia.

If you would like to join us, please respond to this thread. New members are WELCOME. I'll contact you by private message using this forum.

"F" said he'd talk about his experience of some very expensive training courses.

"J" said he's a new day trader.

"A" is writing some trading programs.

Come along and learn and share your experience with us. It'll be great to see you.

best wishes

alphateam  
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2007 5:48:19 AM(UTC)
alphateam

We really had a very enjoyable and informative lunch - sharing Metastock tips, trading & information websites, data sources, stockbroker details etc. Here are some snippets where there was general agreement - that:

Some "professional" £3000 training courses were a waste of money because they tended to reveal standard technical analysis methods which you could obtain from a book for £20.

Metastock needed automated alerts on drawing tools, and easy to draw parallel trendlines on log charts.

Trend following systems were the most profitable.

Sticking to trading plans is tough because of human emotions.

If you'd like to join us - please contact me.

best wishes

Alphateam - Metastock UK Group Leader