logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
daiwa  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2007 4:22:54 AM(UTC)
daiwa

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Does anyone know if Tradestation can read metastock data, I tried to find answer from TS forum, but it seems to be open only for their customers. TS have it´s own .ORD format, but wonder if it can read also .DAT ie. metastock data ?

-D
*PP  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2007 5:02:16 AM(UTC)
*PP

daiwa,

yes it does, i have a friend who did that with tradestation until he realized that its uselles and returned to metastock.

daiwa  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2007 5:47:22 AM(UTC)
daiwa

Really ? I am very surprized of your answer as I feel that metastock have so many restrictions to handle charts. Perhaps some neural networks or mathlab could be an answer then.
*PP  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2007 6:07:33 AM(UTC)
*PP

you would be surprised when you will understand that making money from the market does not necesarlly require such a sophisticated program. Metastock would be enough and for someone who know how to use it it would be a waste of pretious time to start learning a another program and programming language. Curently i have amibroker too and i know how to use it but still metastock saves me more time when i use it. (i was told that but i did not belive it, now i must admit that J was right).

Jose  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2007 9:55:25 AM(UTC)
Jose

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You've hit the nail right on the head, *PP - time is a precious commodity, specially for active traders. MetaStock has just the right balance of a gentle learning curve and useful features. It allows one to concentrate on the strategy rather than the nuts & bolts. jose '-)
*PP  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2007 11:03:23 AM(UTC)
*PP

Jose wrote:
You've hit the nail right on the head, *PP - time is a precious commodity, specially for active traders. MetaStock has just the right balance of a gentle learning curve and useful features. It allows one to concentrate on the strategy rather than the nuts & bolts. jose '-)

Well J let me put it this way: at one point in time not so long ago, [censored]ed off by the lack of developement of Metastock and ignoring other people (you) posts i started to learn amibroker -even tough metastock did not caused real problems but more annoying little ones. After a while of focusing on amibroker codes and using it exclusively i suddenly realized that i could do the job with metastock in no time and then the question "why am i doing this? hit me ... Now i know how to use amibroker but i don`t because it takes more time and to be honest after all those years with metastock it takes more than little annoying problems to leave it forever. My conclusion after this venture: as long as metastock little inconveniences does not directly affects my account it is a waste of precious time to learn and use another program.

u were right