logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Collective2  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 2, 2007 9:59:20 AM(UTC)
Collective2

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Collective2 is a Web site that audits and publishes real time results for trading strategies.

Collective2 seeks system developers who are bold enough to publish their system's real time signals on the Colllective2 website. (Only closed trades are shown to non-subscribers.) When Collective2's customers (15,000 strong) subscribe to your system you are paid a subscription fee.

Visit Collective2.com to see how this can work for you. Questions? Milton Klein, 914-835-0333.

henry1224  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 4, 2007 11:13:49 AM(UTC)
henry1224

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Dear Milton, you have failed to mention the publishing fee for each system!

How do you protect copyright protection?

Anybody could copy code from this web site and submit the "system"

under their own name.

As Metastock owners, we do not have any use for your services, since we have the ability to test 1000 systems and 1000 explorations with our own software

By publishing our systems to be used on your servers, we would be violating the Eula agreement with Equis

Since your service doesn't require the End user to actually own Metastock

to obtain and trade the signals that come from the software, how is this not detrimental to Equis?

*PP  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 4, 2007 12:11:00 PM(UTC)
*PP

Very interesting site for those that have a system and don`t have enough money to trade. Very interesting site for those that have money but don`t have a system, even tough those closed trades if u don`t have a subscription could be, and probably are, manipulated to show only positive results - if the author could find a way around this i see a great future in that site.

I don`t understand why so greedy to bill everything. I think 30% of subscription fee is outrageous not to talk about the other fee where u bill the author for placing a system there. One with a true good system and without money could do something like Jose in his site with Pegasus and the succes is guaranteed.

henry1224  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 4, 2007 12:41:38 PM(UTC)
henry1224

Dear *pp, you have missed the point, say Jose had published his Pegasus system on the Equis forum and now Joe Schmo copies this system and now submits Pegasus under his name as Pegasus2 , Jose is now losing out.

Equis on the other hand, is in the business of selling their software and data feed,

as a subscriber of collective2 you don't need Metastock to get signals, so Equis would no longer be needed. Equis would be losing out big time.

Since these systems are now black box "no code provided" you the user cannot see what trading Idea that you are now trading.

For all you know the sytem that you are trading could actually be using Peak and trough functions.

As a user of Metastock or any other software , Collective2 is of no use .

Their systems are black boxes, you cannot gain access to the code, you gain no knowledge of trading, you have no need for them.

henry1224  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 4, 2007 12:56:21 PM(UTC)
henry1224

Dear *PP, here is a review from one of the systems on Collective2

Getting stated fills is impossible to achieve. I agree with the low Realism Factor. Count on 10-30 cents slippage on sell side of each position, slightly less on the buy side, so you have to adjust the results accordingly to get an accurate picture. I am now using Autotrader and still experience 20-30 cents slippage on fills on BOTH sides. Had a 50 cent slip this am! This changes the results dramatically. The record is ..... to be taken with a grain of salt. Finally decided to cancel, traded this for 3 months with autotrader and bottom line is I made no money.

Milton needs new systems to keep his subscribers from jumping websites.

*PP  
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 4, 2007 3:01:44 PM(UTC)
*PP

Henry,

I agree with most of ur post, but posting results from ur system or selling your rules its like managing other people money. What has Equis to do with the fact that one wants to manage other people money by using a system that he did in metastock and telling people when to buy or sell ? Here you are exaggerating, my humble opinion. Its like you don`t have the right to tell anyone the results obtained from an Excel sheet if he does not have a computer and microsoft office installed, for example.

Anyway u have to admit that the ideea is great, it made me laugh...this guy has found a way, smart way not usual by selling signals, to make money from people that buy systems and from people that sell systems thats why i said it was interesting.

my respect

*PP  
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 4, 2007 3:09:13 PM(UTC)
*PP

Btw henry,

I never miss the point ;) ...maby sometimes not pay attention.

cheers

Collective2  
#8 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2007 6:05:38 PM(UTC)
Collective2

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Good questions!

1. Collective2 has a minimal $80 listing fee for six month publication. This is the only out of pocket cost to System Developer. System developer can charge subscribers whatever monthly subscription fee he sees fit. C2 publishes system results to its website viewers who then subscribe. C2 charges client credit card, pays all costs, and remits gross collected, less 30% to system developer.

2. Collective2 never receives code. Only signals are transmitted to the C2 site. Only closed trades are published. (C2 audits signals against real time prices and markets, producing a real time record. ) When investor subscribes to system he receives real time trade signals to buy or sell.

3. No Metastock code or systems are published on C2. This is an opportunity to demonstrate the value of Metastock software. Jeff Gibbby (Metastock) has discussed this concept and we agree that this can add credibility and grow Metastock sales.

4. Tradestation has been using third party developers for years to build a reputation for its product.

Milton Klein