logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Anton Beijer  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 19, 2006 1:25:43 PM(UTC)
Anton Beijer

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I try to write a formula which compares stock with a another stock or an index by setting both stocks at a (index)value of 100 at a specific date (or a specific number of days ago).

The problem is that there is a Lastvalue function but not a Firstvalue(loaded) function, unless I did not look well into the help function. When such a function could be used, the left side of the graphic could be defined to start alway at 100 (at the first loaded date in a graphic). X:= c/"Firstvalue(c)"*100

Another way to create such a function is by asking (via the input function) how many days (X) to go back from the LastValue known. Then read the closing price etc. at that specific day, divide it each by the closing price and you get an idexed plot line of the security starting at Day X with 100.

Who can help me to sort this out?

Daydreamer.

happysingh  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 17, 2006 11:52:25 PM(UTC)
happysingh

HI, try using this in explorer this will solve u r query for start date Day1 := 11; Month1 := 05; Year1 := 2006; 100 * (CLOSE - ValueWhen(1,DayOfMonth() = Day1 AND Month() = Month1 AND Year() = Year1, CLOSE))/ ValueWhen(1,DayOfMonth() = Day1 AND Month() = Month1 AND Year() = Year1,CLOSE)
Jose  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2006 12:13:34 PM(UTC)
Jose

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Anton, you may be interested in the URSC tool-kit - it plots true Relative Strength % values between any two securities, starting either at x calendar days back or at a specific past date (user-defined). jose '-)
happysingh  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2006 11:12:14 AM(UTC)
happysingh

sorry, i thought that u asked for comparing a stock between two dates...... and i gave formula for that. sorry mate...........