logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Raymond  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 22, 2006 3:20:43 AM(UTC)
Raymond

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Is there anyway i can adjust the functioning of the alert popup? It is really annoying the way it behaves. I need it to get information when a buy/sell signal occurs, but i don't have to see it every second when i click it away. If i check the box that it must skip al remaining alerts it still comes up with the same informationpopup. Other alertoptions are not sufficient to give me detailed information. (for instance, in multiple charts using the same expert i can only use 1 and the same sound to play) I must say this can use some more improvement, also eyeing the use of alerts with autotrading software should be a reason to put some more work in it.
wabbit  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 22, 2006 5:44:09 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Raymond,

Try using a Latch on your alert signal, this way it will only trigger once on each buy/sell event.

wabbit [:D]
Raymond  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 22, 2006 7:55:04 AM(UTC)
Raymond

Do you mean a Latch as defined in the forum.dll? Because i'm busy experimenting with that. Or do you mean something else?
wabbit  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 22, 2006 6:05:22 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Raymond,

You can use the Forum.dll latch or Roys famous latching system, it doesn't matter, you just need a latch.

I am assuming you entry criteria is something akin to C>Mov(C,prd,E) where the the 'entry' exists for a number of bars. If this is the case, you might also try trapping the first bar of the condition with something like:

a:=C>Mov(C,prd,E);
N:=a and Alert(a=0,2);
X:=a=0 and Alert(a=1,2);
N;X;

this will 'fire' and entry (N) only on the first bar the CLOSE moves above the MA and the exit (X) on the first bar the CLOSE moves below the MA (its a better cross()). Of course it is not latched to a sell condition, so you might end up with a series of entry signals inside the same trade.

Without seeing your code for what you are trying to achieve, I am only guessing.

But I hope it helps.

wabbit [:D]
Raymond  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 23, 2006 5:59:09 AM(UTC)
Raymond

Thank you Wabbit. The code i am using is refering to an external formula. (it's in fact the divergence kit from jose) There i have checked the alertboxes for buy/sell signals.

This is the code that calls the formula:
Fml("Divergence - intra MACDH Major")=1

Can i combine this with the latchfunction you think?
Jose  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 23, 2006 9:06:47 AM(UTC)
Jose

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Raymond, try the "Trade signals" indicator from MetaStockTools.com, and adapt it this way: { Signals reference example } x:=Fml("Divergence - intra MACDH Major"); entry:= x=1; exit:= x=-1; Sorry, but I'm unable to post error-free MetaStock code or links in this forum. jose '-)