logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
swordman  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2006 8:16:50 AM(UTC)
swordman

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Dear All : I have got two books about it .I would like to have your opinion about it before I spend my time to study and understand it . Can Fuzzy Logic help a lot in technical analysis ? Maybe there are many very high end users in the TA field who are using it but I would like to know if it is applicable for a domestic trader like us . As a small investor who dont have much resource to write/optimize a very complicated system . Or if the other alternatives in TA is still better than spend too much time in it ? :?: thanks in advance .
wabbit  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2006 9:20:42 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Some people like fuzzy logic because it is 'easier' to understand without having strict transition points etc. For this exact same reason, some people hate fuzzy logic! We all do a little bit of fuzzy analysis when we are looking at a chart, but we are a lot more precise when we are coding MS to 'look' for us. Imagine trying to do Fibonacci Analysis of the retracement level correct to 3 decimal places, then saying, "near enough!" We draw trendlines that are pretty close to the price action. We assume 2 standard deviations from the mean will contain about 95% of the prices. All fuzzy decisions in themselves. My suggestion, read your books and then make a decision. You might decide to strictly implement the laws as read, without deviation, but then again you might decide to implement some of the laws that you have modified slightly; a fuzzy decision in itself. ;) wabbit :D
swordman  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2006 4:52:45 PM(UTC)
swordman

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

thanks again , wabbit . That is why I ask here before I read the books . I know it is a dilemma when we look at chart and it is my concern if it cannot made more contributive result to a system test . After all , we all know in this forum , the trading accuracy/performance rule the trade . Maybe I should spend more time to improve my trading criteria but not the fuzzy things .