logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mac  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2006 9:28:29 PM(UTC)
Mac

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

My wish is for a fully operable, thoroughgoing ALERT function for MetaStock RT. As I'm sure you're aware at MetaStock, the current RT ALERT function, once triggered, repeats with each program data update. It is a bear to stop. Timely and flexible alerts in RT would be soooo helpful. What are your thoughts? Thank you, Mac
StorkBite  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2006 11:47:06 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
At present, you can stop redundant alert signals using a latch function such as the one found in the forumdll.
Mac  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2006 1:03:46 AM(UTC)
Mac

g_stockman, Thanks so much for the quick reply. I have and use forum.dll but didn't realize that FORUM.Latch could be used in this way. I'll give it a whirl. Regards, Mac
wecoyote13  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 19, 2006 10:57:11 PM(UTC)
wecoyote13

Has anyone had success with this issue yet? I would like to see some example code. Silly me the first time I used the alerts for day trading I had it send a text message to my phone (via e-mail)...imagine my suprise when 50 text messages showed up! ;-) Thanks...
wabbit  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 20, 2006 12:38:06 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
wecoyote13 If you are asking for help, you are better off posting your code, with a full description of what you want it to do and why your code isn't doing what you what it to do. That way you will get a response that ensures your problems are addressed. If others post their example codes, this usually leads to more and more questions, and who is to say the posted example codes don't contain errors too? wabbit :D P.S. If you have the world's greatest trading system and don't want to share it... etc etc etc. I am pretty sure I wrote a looong post about this once? I must go and find it again.