logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
beeps  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 2, 2006 8:02:58 PM(UTC)
beeps

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hello, I'm switching gears here following way fewer stocks. I guess scanning entire markets and sectors isn't my thing. Can anyone recommend a reliable third party downloading application that will automatically convert the data found on sites like Yahoo financial to Metastock format? I tried one called MLDownloader which I didn't think worked very well. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, beeps
bwberg  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 2, 2006 9:30:01 PM(UTC)
bwberg

I've been using HQuote which I think is ok.
wabbit  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 3, 2006 12:45:03 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Try something from Mansoor's project list: http://www.geocities.com/mimansoor/ Hope this helps. wabbit :D
PTJim  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 27, 2006 8:31:37 PM(UTC)
PTJim

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
What problems did you discover with ML Downloader? I tried both HSQuote and HQPro; thought both were clunky. I'm evaluating ML Downloader now (about 2 days into it) and it seems to work fine so far, so I'm thinking of buying it to use with Yahoo data. Am I missing something?
skeetabomb  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2006 8:49:06 AM(UTC)
skeetabomb

From a company called USEC, which has just merged with a company called Ditec (has a new Software division which Quotes4u is under). Most current version is 4.6.3 which downloads EOD from Yahoo (and other sources). An upgrade that will include real time data downloading is eminent. Allows creation of up to 16 download lists - more for the benefit of scheduling downloads at different times from different exchanges. Can create some subfolders using a basic Easy Configuration setup wizard, but can't create additional folders. Rational behind not providing the functionality of creating subfolders is because Metastock allows the creation of Favourites Lists. This was all straight from the (USEC) Directors very own mouth yesterday, Tuesday May 30th, 2006. I called him myself. He was more than happy to help me. I still believe there is a case for being able to save securities in sub folders (for sectorial/group analysis) as there are a number of securities that trade on different exchanges, but use the same symbol. Yahoo may have taken care of this, however. Can anyone comment on the multiple symbol instance issue? Hope you find this useful, skeetabomb.
PTJim  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2006 10:18:01 PM(UTC)
PTJim

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
skeetabomb, Databull costs quite a bit more than ML Downloader, yet I don't see what advantages it has to offer (if any) at the higher price - can you elaborate on why you like it?