logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bradulrich  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2006 10:03:31 PM(UTC)
bradulrich

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Dear Forum Members, I would like to formally introduce you to The Dynamic Market Lab, LLC (The DML). www.thedml.comof years on creating a set of tools that we feel are in much demand for the Metastock Platform. Our mission has lead us to create these tools, and we have offered them through our website, and they have been the topic of conversation here of this MS Forum, as well as others...we have also had a Software Review (receiving 4 of 4 stars) in the November 2005 issue of Futures Magazine, by Rob Keener, of Keener Capital Management. Some of you have already heard of us, and have hopefully found our products to be of good use. We have also made some improvements and additions since our first release...if you downloaded a trial over 3 months ago, we will be glad to issue you a renewal with the new tools. For those that haven't heard of us, please allow me an introduction: First, [color=red:5af2741c93]We are giving away a FREE set of adaptive indicators, called ASI. [/color] These indicators are just like traditional Metastock indicators, except that can take an ARRAY or VARIABLE for the number of lookback periods, as opposed to a CONSTANT, as is the case with the traditional Metastock Indicators. These ASI functions have a broad range of applications, and have so far been embraced by many of the advanced Metastock Users out there, including a mention in Roy Larsen's Newsletter. The Forum Crew here has also worked a developing a similar (although not as complete and fast) set of functions included in the forum dll. This serves as evidence that these indicators are useful. If you are not using the ASI DLL (or another set of adaptive indicators) and more importantly, if you do not understand their implications, you are missing what we believe to be a large area of research and development in Metastock Indicator programming. And their free, so why not check them out? The manual you get with the ADSI trial contains some background discussion of why you should be using adaptive indicators. The DML also offers a package of Signal Processing Indicators called ADSI. These indicators implement the indicators created and described by John Ehlers in his two books, Rocket Science For Traders (Wiley, 2001) and Cybernetic Analysis For Stocks and Futures (Wiley, 2004). John Ehlers research is based mainly on signal processing and engineering math. He works closely with cycle and trend based indicators that measure cycle periods adaptively. This set of indicators will help you to utlize some of the benefits of this math: 1.) faster and smoother indicators with less lag than traditional ones AND a statistically correct. 2.) Cycle and Trend Indicators that work seperately when the market is trend, cycling, or stagnating. 3.) Statistically correct extreme price measurements with clear turning points. Some of the 30+ indicators include: - Laguerre Filters - A new and faster version of MAMA/FAMA - Ehlers' Sinewave Indicator (including a faster version from Cybernetics) - Ehlers' Cybernetic Cycle Period function - Signal-to-noise ratio Along with the actual ExtFml("ADSI.[censored]") functions, you get over 60 Metastock Indicators that automatically load into Metastock. These indicators include examples of all of the ASI and ADSI functions, as well examples that match those in the manual, other indicators programmed with ASI (KAMA, VIDYA, etc.), and ones based on Ehlers' work, and our extensions of his work. All of the ASI and ADSI indicators are programmed as C++ DLLs using highly optimized code. The run extremely fast, and work very well for Intra-day, tick data, and any other laborious calculations. You can obtain the ASI Indicators, as well as the free trial of the ADSI indicators here: http://thedml.com/trials.php
Mac  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2006 4:37:54 AM(UTC)
Mac

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Your ASI and ADSI DLLs are impressive. By any chance do they include anything adding to the features of MetaStock's ALERT function in RT. I may be missing something (and hopefully so) but as is, in RT, the ALERT function is worse than useless (as anyone who has struggled to deactivate it once initiated can attest). Timely alerts under various conditions would be a major improvement.
bradulrich  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2006 3:58:34 PM(UTC)
bradulrich

Mac, Can you explain to me the exact problem with the Alert function in Realtime? I do not have realtime set up on my computer right now, so I can't test it....Thanks.... I do have something similar that I would like folks to know about...it is a little freebie that comes with the ADSI trial... If you check out the DML_UTIL.dll file that comes with the ADSI trial (and is free - it does not expire like the ADSI dll), you will find a set of function called URL[censored]. I developed this tool for a custom job a while back, and I decided that they may be of some use to users. we'll see.... The simplest one of these functions is simply "URL". Here is an example: [code:1:3b8b83ff02] signal := C > Ref(C,-1); ExtFml("CustomDML01.URL", "http://www.thedml.com", signal); [/code:1:3b8b83ff02] If signal is TRUE on the last bar, then the url is opened in a new window. I think that it performs ideally in real-time. The man I programmed this for was using this to go to a url that automatically sent him a text msg when a certain condition was met. I never got the details, but I think that the text msg web service was free or very cheap. You can use URL_PRICE, and it will attach a string containing the last value of the CLOSE to the end of the url. This was tested and implemented w/ Firefox Browswer. You will need to make sure it is your default browser. I think that IE does not perform exactly the same. Finally, I am not sure how much use others will find in this, but please let me know if anyone is interested in it, or similar tools. Thanks, Brad
bradulrich  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2006 4:54:43 PM(UTC)
bradulrich

Here is more info, via Ilan, the originator of the idea of the URL functions: "I used the html api for a couple of things. 1 example is: http://www.collective2.com I have a trading system running in metastock and when it gives a signal (buy, sell or exit) it kan send the signal via HTML. see the url below for more information: http://www.collective2.c...tionEncloser.sessionhtml With this you can forward test your system or even sell your signals to other 'traders'. Another example is that you can use is for sending sms messages to mobile phones..example: you are away from home and want to know if the dow breaks 11.000. you can send the sms via an html api of an sms-gateway if dow>11.000. I use http://www.mollie.nl/. It's a dutch site, but i'm sure there are other sites who offer the same services. hope this information is helpfull. regards Ilan"
Mac  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2006 5:57:07 PM(UTC)
Mac

My problem with MetaStock's ALERT in RT is that the condition of the alert is tested with every update. To explain, let's say that with a DAILY periodicity in RT you want to be alerted when Ref(CLOSE,-1)<42 AND CLOSE>=42 (the CLOSE in this latter case being the current price). Now when the condition is met, an alert is appropriately triggered. No problem there. But since Ref(C,-1) in DAILY periodicity is yesterday's close, the condition today remains TRUE as long as CLOSE>=42, and it is repeatedly triggered every few seconds with each program data update. Turning off the alert requires a pause in RT updating long enough to access the EXPERT editor and uncheck the ALERT function. Your URL alert trigger is certainly worth a try, although my browser is IE. I appreciate your attention to this problem. Later today (time permitting) I'll check out your alert function in the ADSI trial and advise. Thanks again.
StorkBite  
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2006 7:31:13 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hey Brad- You alert feature sounds great. You may have seen my earlier VBA posts on text alert notifications, but I never really came up with a decent way of sending text to a cell phone. A complied all-inclusive feature will be useful. Thanks.
Mac  
#7 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2006 4:24:42 AM(UTC)
Mac

Brad, I would think that your DML_UTIL.dll utility is going to attract a lot of attention among MetaStock users interested in automated ordering and cell phone text messaging. In my case it would be something of a kludge for a fully functional ALERT command within MetaStock to email myself through the intermediary of an outside service. Perhaps most troublesome is the delay in sending the email around the horn as opposed to a near instantaneous notice from a purely MetaStock function. But then, of course, your solution works; theirs doesn't. I'll have to think about it. Thanks much, Andy
Sinan  
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 6, 2016 1:40:08 AM(UTC)
Sinan

Hello, Do you still have a DML company website? The website links provided with the ACT addon are not working! Thank you