logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jjstein  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2006 10:19:57 PM(UTC)
jjstein

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Anyone here use "TradeSim", http://www.compuvision.c...MetastockComparison.htm? Am thinking of trying it, but cannot find enough info to tell if the lower editions ("Standard" & "Professional") are worth trying, much less the "Enterprise Edition". --Johnathan
dieselpr  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2006 11:34:10 PM(UTC)
dieselpr

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hi jjstein, I use the Standard version of TradeSim and its worth every penny (Great piece of software & the best back testing software for Metastock I ever seen). I am going to be getting the Pro version ASAP but the Standard version is put together so well I found everything I needed off the back in it. Spend some time looking at their forum it has a lot of the question already answered for you. I know Jose uses the Pro Version maybe he can give you more info on it but the standard version is ideal for the average Metastock trader. Power User tip- Just as powerful as the explorer function is in Metastock. TradeSim offers a basket testing function that is equally as powerful if not more in my own opinion. It’s a most have if you own MetaStock. Its very helpful in picking out trading system that work well with your trading style! The key word is your trading style... Not some would be so called expert. You'll be able to make a ton of money off this software with Metastock. I hope I've been a little helpful but its a most have. PS- You can't test black box with this software like in the metastock back tester. If you can I haven't figured out a way or seen a way to do it. You'll need to encode your own system or make sure the plug-in you get is not password protected.
jjstein  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2006 12:07:43 AM(UTC)
jjstein

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Dieselpr, What's a simple example -- of something YOU found useful -- which TradeSim does and that MetaStock does not? Thanks, --Johnathan
dieselpr  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2006 4:07:17 AM(UTC)
dieselpr

Short and Sweet I hope 1. TradeSim Basket Testing ability!!! :D {Excepts every possible trade signal from your trading system without rejecting anything. Then it display the results & allow the users to select out of an unlimit number of security which ones have preformed great in the past and are more then likely to preform great in the future with your current trading style. } 2. Real world simulation of my trading system over a portfolio of security. {Very Hard to do with metastock backtester} The backtester will only except trades that meet your predefined trading rules regardless of the trading signals being created by Metastock and reject other securities if they don't meet your predefined trading rules. Say if metastock created 7000 entry signals for buy & sell over a 10 year period. Depending on your rules and portfolio size the system may only trade 2400 of those signals. Acting more like you would if you had traded it in real life. Because we don't take every trade metastock gives us because of things like risk, capital, current draw down & portfolio heat. All of these things are covered in detail with TradeSim I love metastock but every software has its limits. With TradeSim it gives you that serious extra edge you need in the market place. I have been able to get right down to the bottom of a ton of so called trading system with this tool. I've purchased & returned alot of system based off the results I got from TradeSim. I've found the best system is the one I encode for myself and test with TradeSim. You can't find a better back tester then TradeSim I've looked high & low. If you find a better one please don't tell me about it the first jounry to find TradeSim was long enough I don't want to search anymore Hahaha. Serious thou read the user manual twice and then try the 30 day trail. Support alway email you back if you get stuck but in my opinion Metastock & TradeSim go together like a hand and a glove. Great combination!!! If you want to see some of the charts I believe Jose uses some on his website to show his real world trading record. :) Bottomline this backtester keeps me in the money and deep in the black.
Tanand  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2006 10:04:07 PM(UTC)
Tanand

Does anyone know how many downloads are allowed in TradeSim. I was downloading it but lost my broadband connection. I do not want to start fresh download without knowing how many are allowed. Thanks