logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FXLearning  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2006 6:11:15 PM(UTC)
FXLearning

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Cut & Paste" from the original (not translated within the Downloader) CSV/XLS file the errors are going away. I am stil waiting for the Equis Tech. support reply. Guara [/quote wrote:
Guara, I don't know if this will help you, but I am using a data colleciton utility called QCollector. http://www.mechtrading.c...lector/esignal/index.htm I have been using this for a while. Rather than collecting real time data with Metastock, I collect the data with QCollector, and I click the refresh button when I need newer data. It is not a perfect solution; however, it avoids going though the Downloader. Regards, FXLearnin
guara_riua  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2006 7:16:02 PM(UTC)
guara_riua

FXLearning Thank you for the info. However, from the link you provided it looks like the QCollector doesn't cover Forex Real-Time data streaming and on top of this the user must be an eSignal subscriber. Probably the QCollector is for EOD data only. Anyway, I am considering to switch back to eSignal this year but I need to check first if there are any penalties for me by doing this (I prepaid a full year for QuoteCenter and free upgrade to MS-Pro FX 9.1 from MS-Pro 9.0). Have a good trading year Guara
FXLearning  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2006 9:24:57 PM(UTC)
FXLearning

Guara, QCollector, Is a real time application it works quite nicely with esignal. I collect from 1 minute data up to weekly data with it. Moreover, the application will run on its own, and it will collect data automatically on a recurrent basis for all the instruments you specify. I have it running every minute collecting data for over 10 instruments with different time frames from 1-minute up to one hour. QCollector is not for EOD data only. Regards,
Marilyn  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2006 2:38:29 AM(UTC)
Marilyn

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

:) butting into the conversation...
Quote:
I am considering to switch back to eSignal this year but I need to check first if there are any penalties for me by doing this
Nope - Equis doesn't penalize you for wanting to switch... No huge contracts. Basically if you pre-paid for a year and want to cancel midway.. you are given a pro-rated refund. The free months (if there are any) are credited at the end of the year so you can pretty much forget about those but everything else is handed back. And all the sales guys are super nice so there shouldn't be an issue. :) M
guara_riua  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2006 3:36:07 AM(UTC)
guara_riua

Marilyn/FXLearning I have to acknowledge that my transition from QC to eSignal went very smooth and without any issues. I was re-imbursed for the rest of the unused months by Equis. I have to update the info about the price difference thou: is not 60% in eSignal's favor but only 35% (for a eSignasl-Basic+Forex subscription). For a eSignal-Basic only the difference can be up to 50% less than QC. I sent a question for QCollector-Pro if the eSignal-Basic subscription is supported. The product seems quite interesting and apealling for using it with MetaStock, especially because the real-time folders updating for Forex is not working properly (I saw many gaps in the collected Intraday data in all the time frames) and the Downloader is not an usable tool for Intraday symbols. Regards Guara
FXLearning  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2006 8:59:38 AM(UTC)
FXLearning

Guara, I also have the basic e-signal forex subscription. Try using Metastock in the Offline Mode and use QCollector with Timed Updates. In other words let QCollector gather the data. When you want to view a chart on Metastock, then simply use the refresh button in Metastock. I have had problems with the data when I use Metastock Professional to collect the data, but when I use it in Offline Mode, and I collect the data with QCollector, I have very few data collecting problems. Moreover, QCollector has a utility to replace records from some period in the past. I use this when I have problems with the data. For instance, I might use it to replace intraday records one day back. Morover, I have two different folders in QCollector. One folder is for intraday data, and the other folder is for data longer than intraday data. The reason for this is that e-signal will send allow you to collect data for intraday up to six months prior to today; however, you can collect several years worth of daily, weekly, or monthly data. I hope this will work for you. Regards, FXLearning