logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
billtrudeau  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2006 5:18:24 PM(UTC)
billtrudeau

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

I think that I have seen this discussed before, but I can't find reference to it using the search function. My BM Experts are not working, apparently because the expert wants to use the QuoteCenter symbols, but I have the Reuters symbols in the BM folder. Any suggestions or direction appreciated.
StorkBite  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2006 7:05:48 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Start the Downloader; Press Ctrl-D; Select your BM folder and select OK; At the top of the 'Vendor Selection' dialogbox you will see 2 tabs: Reuters Datalink and Quotecenter; Select Reuters Datalink, the OK. This will update your Datalink symbols. To switch back, just select Quotecenter on the next pass.
billtrudeau  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2006 7:40:18 PM(UTC)
billtrudeau

Thanks, but I have Reuters Data that is updating. The BM Expert formulas seem to be written in terms of the Quote Center files. How do I get the BM data files with Quote Center symbols into the downloader? I get error messages when trying to check the commentary in the BM Experts and the formulas seem to be written with QuoteCenter symbols.
StorkBite  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2006 8:59:22 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
The unique QC symbols in the BM data folder are these: [code:1:166282c2df]$$EURUSD $$USDJPY $$XAGUSD.RTX $$XAUUSD.RTX us&ADVN us&ADVQ us&AMDN us&AMDQ us&DECN us&DECQ us&DJC us&DVOL us&DVOQ us&IR6M us&NADR us&PRIME us&QADR us&TRIN us&TRIQ us&UVOL us&UVOQ us&VOLQ us&VOLU us&YHIN us&YHIQ us&YLON us&YLOQ us;COMP us;IRX us;NYA us;TYX us@FFY[/code:1:166282c2df] If you add them to your existing BM folder (the hard-coded location is: C:\\MetaStock Data\\BM Data\\) then you can update them as you would with your other daily updates. Keep in mind that when you are d/l'ing using Datalink all of these symbols will produce an error. No biggie, just go back and d/l the folder again using QC and these will update. In fact, QC will d/l a lot of the Datalink symbols, but if I remember correctly, there might be a couple that it can't d/l. Anyway, this is what I do. HTH, George
billtrudeau  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2006 3:54:48 AM(UTC)
billtrudeau

Is there a data CD for the Quote Center version? I don't believe that I received one. I am in the process of updating my data folders so that the symbols are compatible with the Quote Center. It is time consuming to try to do it one by one as in a lot of cases the symbols and names for the indicies are significantly different. Is there a listing of the old symbols for Reuters along with the comparible symbol for Quote Center? This would be helpful.