logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
guara_riua  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2005 4:22:01 PM(UTC)
guara_riua

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Or how this post title can be read = The correct interpretation of PP+ tests. First of all, I am neither ashamed nor embarrassed to agree when I am wrong. To err is human, isn't it? But this is not the case with the tests I've done about PP+. A major clarification that needs to be made is that the tests are targeting ONLY TWO PP+ External functions : TDataCreate/TDataLocalize and TrendDirection for Time Factors HIGHER than 1. I used the median Price 4x (that means from a 4x higher time frame) as DATA ARRAY INPUT to the tested one (TDataCreate/TDataLocalize). At this moment I am convinced that there is a major flaw with this particular external function for the following reasons: - the major and biggest discontinuities are happening ALWAYS between 12:44:00 AM and 1:34:00 AM (for MP 4x) - other minor discontinuities are happening at other times in the intraday chart and consist in the output of the MP 4x function to remain unchanged for more than 4 bars (also for MP 4x) - I used a "reversed" stimulus for the same tests I made, that means the data set starts with the lower frequencies first (higher bar count per cycle) and goes toward the higher frequencies (lower bar count per cycle). The results were absolutely consistent with the previous one: at higher stimulus frequencies the output of the function becomes erratic (this will show now at the end of the data set, instead of the beginning). (for both MP 4x and TredDirection 4x) - The above statement proves that the erratic behavior does not depend on the amount of the data loaded at the beginning of the chart that might be needed for the function to "stabilize". All this proves nothing about other PP+ external functions. Regarding the TrendDirection I have some concerns about its output for Time Factors higher than 1 which is looking bad for higher frequencies stimulus. Again this can be seen on the document I've posted before. I hope this clarification will clean up a lot of wrong assumptions. I agree that I was maybe carried away by my own frustrations related to my findings about these functions, mainly because I own this add-on and I've spent a lot of time trying to use its external functions features. Being a technical trained professional, I am used to flag a big question mark on a whole set of tools when at least one of its components is proven to be inconsistent. In the same time we need to keep our objectivity about not making assumptions about anything until a fact is irrevocably proven. Now regarding Henry's comments and decision to stop his contributions to the forum. The tests I've done have nothing to do with your contributions on PP+ add-on to this forum. I believe that everybody agrees and recognizes your efforts and posts as a very valuable heritage to this forum. Even if you recommended this add-on to other traders, I don't really believe this can be used against you in any way, because the statement was made in good faith and I also believe that there are a lot of good indicators/function/experts you've developed that can be successfully used today. Also, as you have stated in one of your posts, you have no affiliations with any add-on sellers, developers or their distributors. If a couple of functions were proven to have an erratic output in some particular situations, this doesn't discount completely the whole package as a bad investment. I hope you will reconsider your decision to not post anymore material at this forum. I also hope that this message will help our community to keep the fair play going for this forum and to not take others comments, questions or conclusions at a personal level. Good trading to everybody and good luck in mastering this difficult art. Guara
StorkBite  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2005 4:39:09 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Thanks Guara! :)
Bulli  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2005 6:06:39 PM(UTC)
Bulli

:oops: I will try to solve this my way, better say the autor´s way: Mr. Sandon, the author of PowerPivot is answering all questions in a group I am participating in. He is currently collecting all questions and he promised to give one report to answer most of the questions if not all of them. Everyone interested or having a question about Power Pivot; Please post it here or in another place if the moderator thinks of a better place I will send all your questions to him, and once he releases the replies, I will post the replies as well. This way we can solve these issues once and for all. what do you think? Thanks, Bulli
guara_riua  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2005 6:45:46 PM(UTC)
guara_riua

Bulli This is truly great news. 1) Can you please provide a link or the info about how to become a member of this group? 2) Do you know what happened to "www.marketangel.com" ? Is there a WEB page that provide additional info on PP+ ? Regards Guara
Bulli  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2005 6:56:17 PM(UTC)
Bulli

Hi, I do not know if I can post this forum address here, but it is only for Metastock Plug-in anyway: Here it is: 1) http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/PowerPivots/ 2)I do not know, but I already posted a question about the site in the group, if I get the answer I will post it here. Thanks, Bulli
Bulli  
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2005 7:01:47 PM(UTC)
Bulli

PowerPivot group is open to anyone how is interested in PowerPivot, it does not have much posts, but every now and then something good happen, like this time when Mr. Sandon showed up. You will only need one thing: e-mail in Yahoo and then approval from the moderator to join which should not be a problem. Regards, Bulli
Keltner  
#7 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2005 4:08:40 AM(UTC)
Keltner

:evil: I have made a fair about of money using power pivots. If you would like to learn how to make some money with it. I will be giving a online semianr hosted by metastock on this plug in. You are welcome to attend.
Bulli  
#8 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2005 5:00:26 AM(UTC)
Bulli

Hi Keltner, Is it going to be recorded? Hope so, because of time difference among different countries. Can you post a link later if it is. Thanks Bulli
guara_riua  
#9 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2005 5:00:55 AM(UTC)
guara_riua

Sure By any means I am interested. I have also a membership to the Yahoo PowerPivots Group and I saw this initiative beeing around for some time. Please provide to the trading community all the info necessary to register. I sent also my results to Mr. Sandon Racowsky with the hope to get back some explanations mainly about higher time frame support. Thank you for sharing the info with us, the beginners. Regards Guara