logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
StorkBite  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2005 5:17:41 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
When we click on 'view latest post' can we get the result to open as a new screen so we don't lose our search results?
Ophelia_hardin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2005 4:28:34 AM(UTC)
Ophelia_hardin

I think you'd have to dive into the guts of the php BB system to do that. Have you tried right-clicking and choosing "open in new window"? Alternatively, you could use another browser which supports "tabbed browsing". Personally, I like Deepnet Explorer -- it's got its quirks, but it hangs off MSFT's Internet Explorer and the security is tight. With it, all I do it is click and drag the 'view latest post' and it opens in a new tab. See http://www.deepnetexplorer.com/download.asp et al. ibid.
StorkBite  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2005 1:14:46 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Hi OH- From C|NET, these are the types of browsers that computer users use: IE6 – 85% Firefox – 10% IE5, 5.5 – 2% Various – 3% The solution therefore is to support IE. The simple non-solution is to hold down the shift key when clicking on the link. I was thinking more of a fix. Of course, this would require "diving into the guts". Umm... I love the smell of blood and guts in the morning. :cafe:
StorkBite  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2005 10:15:10 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Well... this fix works and will still validate the XHTML (if desired). In 'search.php', add the following script to the head section: [code:1:afc57d7546]<script type="text/javascript"> function NewPage() { if(!document.getElementsByTagName ) { return; } var anchors = document.getElementsByTagName( "a" ); for( var loop = 0; loop < anchors.length; loop++ ) { var anchor = anchors[ loop ]; if( anchor.getAttribute( "href" ) ) { anchor.target = "_blank"; } } } </script> [/code:1:afc57d7546] In 'search.php', append the body command to contain the following: [code:1:afc57d7546]<body onload="NewPage()";> [/code:1:afc57d7546] The same problem exists with the index page too, but it's tolerable there. The real improvement would come with the search page.
Patrick  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2005 10:41:23 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
What are you guys talking about? In the template I will simpy set the link with Target="_blank" Patrick :mrgreen:
StorkBite  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2005 4:11:25 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

_blank"[/quote wrote:
Yea, forget the xhtml validation. Who needs it? LOL! :roll