logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ckstarrrr  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2005 7:31:38 PM(UTC)
ckstarrrr

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Has anyone used ICE, Adaptive Trading Solution or the Performance Systems Plus add-ons/plug-ins? These ones look interesting to me. Would love to hear any feedback from users. Thanks.
dieselpr  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2005 12:46:56 PM(UTC)
dieselpr

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

ICE is a joke software program probably the worst out of all the official plug-ins Metastock offers. I hope Metastock pulls the plug on that program one day. :evil: I would highly recommend you keep your money in your pocket and read the user manual. Check out the formulae Collection selecetion of the forum if you want good information of coding. The Performance Systems Plus plug-in is the best one Metastock offers by far and is a good starting point for writing your own formulas. Once you've created your own formula I would go visit TradeSim to backtest. :D Bottomline the best plug-in is the user manual stay clear of ICE. Just lot of locked formulas.
wabbit  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2005 2:09:58 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
dieselpr... please contact me via email re: ICE wabbit :D treatmentplant(at)iinet(dot)net(dot)au
Marilyn  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2005 3:49:38 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Wow! I think that is the first time I have had someone say bad things about ICE... except for when it was first released and there were some server problems. Mostly I have only heard raves... and it has been by far the best selling plug-in of the last 2 years. Anyone else have feedback for me?? Interested now so be honest!!! :) M
StorkBite  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2005 5:26:47 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I've used ICE ever since my first Equis order. I think it's great. I did have a time of it getting my server not to auto-delete the indicator settings as SPAM, but that was resolved with the help of their customer support dept. Don't forget that ICE was just upgraded too. It might be worth another look Diesel... :)
dieselpr  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2005 5:49:07 PM(UTC)
dieselpr

Marilyn, I wasn't the only one that felt that way about ICE if you read some of the post in the yahoo group. Also I personally email a few of the guys in the group to ask how there results where coming out. Some like the program other hated it furthermore, I found more that really didn't like it then did. I spent 4 months backtesting the software with little more then avg. results. I found that out in TradeSim. That it really wasn't any major edge or better then say an RSI, MACD and some moving avg. 1. The stops are locked 2. It took days sometimes to get thru the results 3. The guy never email you back if you had question. 4. Picking the best time periods was a pain (This has been fixed in the new version) I found myself alway having to go back and edited thing to better needs. g_stockman, are you only trading stocks? I'm sure you'll get a different results if you use it on the Forex market. I got the upgrade email g_stock but I didn't see any reason to take another look. I'm glad you found some good results with it thou.
StorkBite  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2005 5:57:52 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Quote:
are you only trading stocks? I'm sure you'll get a different results if you use it on the Forex market.
Oops... you're right. Only stocks and funds. Never thought about that aspect. hmm...
Marilyn  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2005 8:58:16 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Thanks for the honest feedback diesel... it is always nice to know what people actually think. I get a bit isolated in my cubicle. :) M
dieselpr  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2005 10:21:44 PM(UTC)
dieselpr

Wabbit I drop you an email sorry I missed it the first few times reading this post. Look for my handle in the email its coming from AOL.
CN001532  
#10 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2005 9:32:00 PM(UTC)
CN001532

ICE is the best Metastock plug-in I've used. When I pointed out some logic issues to John Slauson, regarding some errors on stops in the 1st version, he promptly replied, and gave me an appotunity to beta test the 2nd version. I guess a plug-in is what you make of it. But the idea of combining and weighting indicators into 4 groups, and allowing one to have different indicator weightings for buy and sell signals makes perfect sense. You still have to do a lot of work on your own in making sure you have the correct sample size, be diligent in out of sample testing and put in a fair amount of work to develop a robust system without over-optimizing. Like anything it is ultimately a tool, and some use it better than others.
dieselpr  
#11 Posted : Saturday, October 8, 2005 1:01:45 AM(UTC)
dieselpr

"You still have to do a lot of work on your own in making sure you have the correct sample size, be diligent in out of sample testing and put in a fair amount of work to develop a robust system without over-optimizing. " CN001532, Thats my whole point, if you are going to have to put that kind of work into a plug-in after its already been created and the system email to you, wouldn't it be easier for you just to grab the manual and write the whole expert system yourself? Once you learn metastock programming the rest is very easy to preform. Question which one holds truly the most value? The user manual or the ICE plug-in? If metastock upgrade to version 10 and you purchased the new version you'd have to wait until ICE work out the bugs and released a new patch correct. "When I pointed out some logic issues to John Slauson, regarding some errors on stops in the 1st version, he promptly replied, and gave me an appotunity to beta test the 2nd version. " Now if you truly understood metastock programming would you have any down time from version to version? No because you, yourself now hold all the cards & you are now the best plug-in on the market. Keep your money and pick up the user manual this is however just my own personal point of view. Thanks for sharing your insite and I hope I've help a little.
CN001532  
#12 Posted : Saturday, October 8, 2005 2:55:53 AM(UTC)
CN001532

actually the value of the ICE system was that it did many of the combinations and permutations of mixing and weighting indicators for me. this alone was worth the price of the plug-in i think for many, the value of the ICE system is to condition people to look at one signal entry or exit signal, and have confdence in that signal rather than going through the analysis/paralysis that grips many when looking at too many indicators.
dieselpr  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2005 10:08:53 PM(UTC)
dieselpr

Just Thought I would share this with Marilyn from another user from the ICE forum. He emailed me asking this question- ajaynathwani at ***** Tue, 11 Oct 2005 Hi i noticed you made a post some time ago regarding poor results with ICE and forex. Have you found any imrpovements, I have also found my self in a similar situation Thank Ajay Has anyone from support at ICE email you back yet? Now to top off paying $300 bucks for a plug-in ICE 2.5 no longer works... Great piece of software
Patrick  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2005 10:18:06 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
dieselpr wrote:
Now if you truly understood metastock programming would you have any down time from version to version? No because you, yourself now hold all the cards & you are now the best plug-in on the market. Keep your money and pick up the user manual this is however just my own personal point of view.
It's all right here, I don't think I need to say more .... :wink: Patrick :mrgreen: PS: Miss M do I get diplomatic immunity, in case of troubles :D
Marilyn  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2005 11:19:55 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

You know... I end up being torn in these situations. I understand that I am one of the 'faces' of Equis so I have to maintain certain stances.... however.... I do think that people should not buy a plug in without completely understanding what that system is... and I think that maintenance patches are essential.. anything else is just greedy.... Have to go.... my diplomatic immunity is running out too... :) M
henry1224  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2005 11:52:24 PM(UTC)
henry1224

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
As with any plug in or add-on, A GOOD user manual would be a great help. Most user's are reluctant to experiment and just accept the canned systems. I purchased the Adaptive Trading Solutions years ago and found the expert just so so. I have just started exploring the external functions and now I'm finding new uses for it.
ckstarrrr  
#17 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2005 7:05:57 PM(UTC)
ckstarrrr

I agree Marilyn that no one should buy a plug-in without fully understanding it. The problem I have is trying to figure out what everyone plug-in and add-in really does. The descriptions I have found seems very vague and I can't decide if it is worth it to purchase one. Would you be sokind as to give a brief description of some of the most popular ones (ATS, ICE, pivot points etc), specifically ones that you seem to have to have to use many of the indicators in the formulae collection. For example, is there a plug in that you can tell to go "search for certain patterns like, ascending triange, head and shoulders etc. If so, which one is that? If I have missed a place that describes in depth what these plugins and addons do, please post a link, thanks.
Bulli  
#18 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2005 10:47:00 PM(UTC)
Bulli

This link for the add ons and plug ins with a small description: https://www.metastock.co...oducts/category.aspx?c=2 I do not know if you have seen it. For pattern recognition: John Murphy's Chart Pattern Recognition™ https://www.metastock.co...cts/product.aspx?c=2&p=8 Bulli ;)
Marilyn  
#19 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2005 10:48:44 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

:) One of the things on my list of things to do is create an online demo of each plug in... It has been a bit low priority but I will get there... :) M
ckstarrrr  
#20 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2005 3:22:26 PM(UTC)
ckstarrrr

I have a question for anyone that has used ICE. Are the codes for indicators etc. and things like the "Intellistop" made available? I'd hate to just use an indicator without knowing exactly what's going on with it. Thanks.