logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chheda  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2005 6:16:25 AM(UTC)
chheda

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Hi All , This one is my first post and I am thankful to all for supporting and sharing their knowledge . Is it possible to develop dll for Multi Time Frame so that any indicator in one time frame can be plotted on other time frame for ex. ExtFml("ForumDll.weekly",rsi(c,14)) can plot weekly rsi on intraday or daily time frame or ExtFml("ForumDll.monthly",Fml( "My Formula")) can plot my formula for monthly periodicity on intraday daily or weekly charts . Thanks and Regards , Harish Chheda
garykong  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2005 9:47:31 AM(UTC)
garykong

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi, This is good idea as I am always looking for multi-timeframe indicators plotted in another timeframe, or use it as a criteria for expert advisor... that will make life easier and certainly enable MS capabilities and make it more user friendly!! some thoughts here:- 1) While using / plotting in another timeframe, the dll could be used to call indicators in intraday timeframes, i.e. 1-min, 5-min, 15-min, hrly and daily, weekly & monthly 2) the dll could use user-defined indicators (per chheda's request) 3) make it compatible to MS 8.0 and probably the previous versions too, don't forget that we are the MS users too!! Gary
guara_riua  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2005 3:00:38 AM(UTC)
guara_riua

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

This is possible to be done with PowerPivots-Plus Add-on. It supports different time frames as a multiple of the ploted one and more than this is supporting ploting indicators from a higher time frame onto a lower time frame. I got the examples from "our formula encyclopedia" source that is henry1224. He provided source codes even for PP+ external functions that are not documented in the Add-On manual itself! Here the use of "TDataCreate" and "TDataLocalize" are absolutely necessary in order to build a price data array for a higher time frame, that will be used to calculate the higher time frame indicator. Just do a forum search for "PowerPivots" and you'll find a lot of info to digest. Hope it was helpful. Guara
chheda  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2005 3:03:04 PM(UTC)
chheda

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Hi Guara, Plz post here simple code of any indicator for ex. moving average of weekly plotted on daily time frame using power pivot so that I can understand how to use Power pivot plugin for multi time frame. Thanks for your help Harish Chheda
guara_riua  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2005 7:31:47 PM(UTC)
guara_riua

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Try this thread: http://forum.equis.com/v...ic.php?t=1398&highlight= It covers more than you have asked for. Guara