logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
konrad  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2005 12:55:15 PM(UTC)
konrad

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I find a post that you are using a E*Trade platform , I would like to know what kind of order etrade has? what I mean is there is many kind of order that a Brokerage company offert: INET Only, Market Maker via Slect Net, ECN, SUpermontage, Auto Routing, if you can explain me what that all order is about, and what order etrade has? Thank you!
hayseed  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2005 7:05:37 PM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

hey konrad.... etrade has several platforms aimed at active traders.... their on the right under advanced trading platforms..... they have all the standard order types along with complex option orders providing you qualify for them.... recently they have become competitve in pricing..... you can order route ... i don't.... i won't.... order routing implies someone trying to make that extra penny.... needing an extra penny implies a fierce style trading..... fierce style trading implies unlimited stress..... etrades excellent platforms are designed to make trading seamless, but they likely will not make someone a better trader.... better traders are made by confronting the reason for losses..... metastock can help in that department..... its not much of a stretch to envision quotecenter including a trading platform on its next release......h
konrad  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2005 7:19:32 PM(UTC)
konrad

Dear Hayseed , did you paying a 29.99 fee a month for using a Power E*Trade?
kanellop  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2005 8:50:14 PM(UTC)
kanellop

For to do not pay Fees for using a Platform, i want to tell you to see this Brokerage Firm: www.thinkorswim.com Has also and Demo. This Brokerage Firm ROCKET IN THE STARS the gratification to make someone an Accurate and Fast Trade with little Commissions also with other Important Tools, i believe. George K.
konrad  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2005 9:27:43 PM(UTC)
konrad

there is a lot of brokarage firm that offert a small commision but they are not efficient, I like my brokarage firm,but I hate that they charge for something that should be free,it was free untlil this year.... , If you open a account in any brokarage firm, how do you know how long they want to stay in a market? they can get your money and backrupcy and you will loose your money.. What about if you go to retirement in about 5 years and you will loose your money in one day? isn't that risky? so that why a commision is not a very big deal in a effiency of a platform, what a platform can offert to you and a fee is much more important, your executive order and fair, how they care about your asset! Thank for sharing! :D
hayseed  
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2005 11:13:26 PM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

hey konrad.... no for me its free.... my only charges are the 6.99 per trade..... options have an addtional charge per contract 75 cents ..... etrades platforms are excellent, but excellent is not an necessity.... low commissions can be at times a negative.... there is no doubt someone would be better off paying high commissions, trading less and using metastock to maximize each trade....h
konrad  
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2005 11:23:05 PM(UTC)
konrad

Dear Hayseed if you pay for commision 6.99 so you have to have at least 1500 trade a month? :shock: , I dont play on a option and futures, just on a Nasdaq 100 security, one index most active securities, I love etrade too, but I got only a brokargage account not even a priority or a power etrade, I trade like about 2-3 trades a month, is up to a time, but I using a Metastock pro 9.1 for esignal real time ,it helpfull realy much! I love metastock! Hayseed are you private trader or a stock broker? :shock:
kanellop  
#8 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2005 10:22:11 AM(UTC)
kanellop

Dear Konrad, Have you seen the ThinkorSwim Trading Platform? I suggest to see it. Also see their Demo. Jose, G_Stockman, Hayseed, Henry1224, do you have opinion for the ThinkorSwim Brokerage Firm? George K.
konrad  
#9 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2005 4:20:39 PM(UTC)
konrad

Hi Kannelop I dont seen a Thinkorswirm however I said I dont trust in comapny that just go to market I love big corporation with good futures. I dont want to loose money just for move asset to other company..... :D