logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Scrutch  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2005 2:15:31 AM(UTC)
Scrutch

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hey all, I'm in need of a dll file that will read a text or excel file and then write some output to a text or excel file. I know very little about these dll guys, but I've posed this to several dll programmers for hire. Only heard back from two and they did not have the time to do this. Have no idea how much info is needed to even start on something like this. I have indicators that show me daily pivot bars (thanks to jose) on daily and weekly charts. From what I've been told I'll need a dll file to finish this project up. I do the calculations for cycle dates and write them to a text file. Now I want MS to read this file, see if the date matches a potential pivot on the chart and mark the chart with the expert if it does, then write back to a new file that date '08/28/05' is a potential turning point. Simple enough...you think? :) One of the major questions is if MS has a Live Cattle chart open does it know it's Live Cattle and not toy widgets or something else. It would be super if MS knew the point value for the chart that it was reading as these values could be written to the file. i.e.If '08/28/05' is a potential turn point then I want to buy/sell one or two ticks above/below that bar. So buy/sell @ 83.225/82.150... This would require that MS knew it was dealing with Live Cattle so a tick is worth .025 while Wheat would use a different value for the tick. Make sense...? I've been told that MS doesn't know this information, yet when I open the data window it shows me the correct values for each bar so the info must be in there someplace. Cheers
Nag  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2005 10:00:50 AM(UTC)
Nag

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hi, I'm a plugin programmer and I think that I could have time to help you out with your problem. You can contact me (patrick [at] thenexttools [dot] com), so we can do the specifications of this project and I can estimate the delay needed to get it done... Patrick (aka Nag)