logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
StorkBite  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2005 3:48:34 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hey h- I conceed... :smt112 Of course, to conceed might imply that we were on different sides. I hope you don't really think that was ever the case. The fact is that I have the highest regard for P. I just like yanking his chain. In retrospect, this could be like yanking the chain of a sleeping pit bull! Oops! oz_pdt_03p patrick already has our credit card numbers in some database somewhere anyway... I'm not scared! :D
Patrick  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2005 8:48:23 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
:lol: :lol: Alright I uploaded a new version of the dll with the fixed ( hopefully ) RSI function. I'm not completely satisfy with the code as it is but hopefully it will do for now. As always the new files are uploaded here : http://forum.equis.com/viewtopic.php?t=1430 Patrick :mrgreen:
pumrysh  
#23 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2005 4:36:45 AM(UTC)
pumrysh

Patrick, Currently getting the following message when trying to upload the new DLL. The selected Attachment does not exist anymore 404 File Not Found: The File files/forumdll_193.[censored] does not exist. :( Preston
Patrick  
#24 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2005 4:42:56 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Fixed :D
pumrysh  
#25 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2005 4:48:45 AM(UTC)
pumrysh

Got It! :boire: Preston
pumrysh  
#26 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2005 5:06:00 AM(UTC)
pumrysh

Try this! {(DMZ)Dynamic Momentum Index} {similar to the Jurik DMX- a lowlag DMI} {written by Preston Umrysh} {This indicator uses Dll software developed by MetaStock Forum Crew} {http://forum.equis.com)} Vt:=(Stdev(C,5)/Mov(Stdev(C,5),10,E))*10; Vt:=Max(vt,.0000001); Period:= Input("ZeroLag Period",1,250,10); EMA1:= Mov(C,Period,E); EMA2:= Mov(EMA1,Period,E); Difference:= EMA1 - EMA2; ZeroLagEMA:= EMA1 + Difference; x:=ZeroLagEMA; ExtFml( "ForumDLL.VarRSI",x ,vt)
Patrick  
#27 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2005 5:58:52 AM(UTC)
Patrick

How do you use this ... with 20/80 ... What periods is usually used? Do you have an example of an expert or system :D Thanks for the indicator ;) There is a chart on the yahoo group for the dmx that looks pretty good, any chance we will get the expert :D
dorusone  
#28 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2005 9:06:17 AM(UTC)
dorusone

[size=18:3314e3f29f][/size:3314e3f29f]Hello I cannot get the formula to work with MS prof 7.03 I also donot see an externall dll folder ? Thanks
Patrick  
#29 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2005 2:49:11 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Dorusone you need to download the dll and copy it to your equis folder ... Download the manual as well as the dll and read the instructions. http://forum.equis.com/viewtopic.php?t=1430 Hope this helps Patrick :mrgreen:
pumrysh  
#30 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2005 5:35:20 PM(UTC)
pumrysh

Patrick, The indicator uses the volatility index to set the RSI periods. The periods input is for the zerolag ema that is used in the calculation. I have tried several different settings and like the default of 10 but it really is an individual choice. How to trade? There are several options that will work. At the Jurik website they have listed several. Peak to peak is one, 20 to 80 is another and above/below a trigger would be a third. There are dozens of variations to these ideas. For instance, using the ob/os or the 20 to 80 you could go long with a rise above 20 and sell with a decline below 80. Then there is always the midpoint buy/sell where you would buy when above the midpoint of 50 on the 0/100 scale and sell when below. Certainly, I would not hang my hat on just this one indicator alone so introducing another indicator should be considered. Here again the options become endless. Someone at the Yahoo Equismetastock site mentioned using the TSI (Trend Strength Indicator) along with the DMX. This would be a very good idea but there are others that offer just as much versatility and usefulness. A system would and should be dependant on trading style. As of yet I haven't had any time to delve into sytem construction or an expert for that matter. This is certainly one indicator which I would STRONGLY consider though as the central feature of a strong system. Bottomline for me is trying to work my way through using all these new DLL's that you have so graciously coded. My hat is off to you for this accomplishment! =D> Many thanks, Preston
Patrick  
#31 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2005 5:39:06 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Thanks for your answer :D And thank you for the indicators and formulae :D Especially the ones you have not posted yet :P Did you see I cleaned up our collection :oops: :lol:
pumrysh  
#32 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2005 6:03:22 PM(UTC)
pumrysh

Patrick, I saw that...FANTASTIC!!!! This is going to make life so much nicer. Only downside is that we'll never keep up with the updates to it at the rate we've all been going. I've decided to install a "Texas condom" in order to eliminate the trips to the john. :lol: Preston
Patrick  
#33 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2005 7:28:27 PM(UTC)
Patrick

:lol:
dorusone  
#34 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2005 6:44:49 AM(UTC)
dorusone

Patrick wrote:
Dorusone you need to download the dll and copy it to your equis folder ... Download the manual as well as the dll and read the instructions. http://forum.equis.com/viewtopic.php?t=1430 Hope this helps Patrick :mrgreen:
Hello Patrick : i did that and followed the instructions but i still do not see the Forumdll on the left in the indicator builder. Thanks
pumrysh  
#35 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2005 1:43:52 PM(UTC)
pumrysh

dorusone, Try this: Restart computer...registers new DLL Open Metastock Select Indicator Builder Select New Point cursor into opened area in Formula screen...left click Select Function Function Category should open Scroll down to bottom Should see Forum DLL at bottom Hope that helps, Preston
dorusone  
#36 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2005 3:05:08 PM(UTC)
dorusone

pumrysh wrote:
dorusone, Try this: Restart computer...registers new DLL Open Metastock Select Indicator Builder Select New Point cursor into opened area in Formula screen...left click Select Function Function Category should open Scroll down to bottom Should see Forum DLL at bottom Hope that helps, Preston
Thanks Preston I tried It but no solution. Maybe the forumdll.dll should be "linked in the register" ? Good weekend, Theo I tried it
pumrysh  
#37 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2005 9:15:06 PM(UTC)
pumrysh

Did you change the name from forumdll.[censored] to forumdll.dll ? Have you gotten the newest version? The old version did not contain the RSI variable. Sure you put the dll in the Metastock external dll folder? Checked? Do you see any dll's? Preston
dorusone  
#38 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2005 7:06:21 AM(UTC)
dorusone

Hello Preston, pls look at TL remarks.
pumrysh wrote:
Did you change the name from forumdll.[censored] to forumdll.dll ? TL : yes Have you gotten the newest version? The old version did not contain the RSI variable. TL : yes Sure you put the dll in the Metastock external dll folder? Checked? TL : in 7.03 there is no external dll file folder. Do you see any dll's? TL : yes i see the dll files. Thanks Theo Preston
Patrick  
#39 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2005 3:04:01 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Obvioulsy the problem is this :
Quote:
in 7.03 there is no external dll file folder
Where did you copy the dll to then? Option 1: You are not looking in the right place. It should be in C:\\Program Files\\Equis\\metastock\\External Function DLLs Option 2: The folder really does not exist. Create the folder and call it : External Function DLLs then copy the dll in this folder. Patrick :mrgreen:
dorusone  
#40 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2005 7:41:47 AM(UTC)
dorusone

Hello Patrick pls look at TL remarks.
Patrick wrote:
Obvioulsy the problem is this :
Quote:
in 7.03 there is no external dll file folder
Where did you copy the dll to then? TL : to the wrong directory. Option 1: You are not looking in the right place. It should be in C:\\Program Files\\Equis\\metastock\\External Function DLLs TL : There WAS NO External Functions DLLs folder. Option 2: The folder really does not exist. Create the folder and call it : External Function DLLs then copy the dll in this folder. TL : I did and it worked ! So for possible other 7.03 users of your DLL : 1) make an External Functions DLL folder. 2) Copy the forumdll.dll to this newly created folder. Thanks a lot Patrick problem solved ! Theo Patrick :mrgreen: