logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jose  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2005 8:53:00 AM(UTC)
Jose

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi all, Please excuse any typos in this post - currently typing this on a very strange keyboard, on a borderline Net connection, electrical power cuting off every second hour or so, brain in holiday mode. :) A lot has been posted about variable-input functions lately. Variable-input functions are just like any other charting tools - their uselfuness depends on their appropriate application. For example, applying an RSI's output to a Stochastic is probably not that helpful - somewhat like using the same basic data in a circular reference fashion. However, using general & apropriate market conditions (market breadth, CoT data ( http://metastocktools.com/CoT/CoTlist.txt ), correlated markets) to adjust periodicity in a chart's indicator, makes a lot more sense. If the above is too difficult to implement, one can also use volatility (or other less-correlated data) to adapt chart indicators. Here are some (free, no DLL) basic adaptive indicators from http://metastocktools.com/#metastock : EMA-ATR - ATR volatility-adjusted, dynamic-period EMA with multiple output choice; EMA-BB - Bollinger Band volatility-adjusted, dynamic-period EMA with multiple output choice; EMA-cycle - cycle-adaptive EMA - periodicity determined by historical price cycles; EMA-RSI - RSI volatility-adjusted, dynamic-period EMA with multiple output choice; EMA trade-adj - self-adjusting EMA, adjusts periodicity to trade frequency - with multiple output choice; EMA-volatility - price volatility-adjusted, dynamic-period EMA with multiple output choice; EMA-volume - improved volume-adjusted, dynamic-period EMA with multiple output choice; Lastly, here is an example of the variable-input functions available from one of the MACDH Divergence kit's DLLs:
MetaStock VarPeriod.dll ======================= Copyright (c) The Nag Tools, 2001 22 in-built functions with variable period input
ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarAlert", Expression, Period) Alert function ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarCMF", Period) Chaikin Money Flow function ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarCCIE", Period) Commodity Chanel Index (Equis) function ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarCCI", Period) Commodity Chanel Index (Standard) function ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarGZLag2", DataArray, Period) Gaussian ZeroLag 2 function ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarHhvBars", DataArray, Period) Highest High Value Bars Ago function ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarHhv", DataArray, Period) Highest High Value function ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarLlvBars", DataArray, Period) Lowest Low Value Bars Ago function ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarLlv", DataArray, Period) Lowest Low Value function ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarMid", DataArray, Period) MidPoint function ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarMo", DataArray, Period) Momentum function ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarMov", DataArray, Period, Method) Moving Average function S - Simple W - Weighted E - Exponential TRI - Triangular ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarROC", DataArray, Period, Method) Rate Of Change function PER - Percent PNT - Points ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarRef", DataArray, Period) Reference function ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarRSI", DataArray, Period) RSI function ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarStdev", DataArray, Period) Standard Deviation function ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarStoD", Period, Slowing) Stochastic %D function ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarStoK", Period) Stochastic %K function ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarSum", DataArray, Period) Summation function ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarTRIX", DataArray, Period) TRIX function ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarVar", DataArray, Period) Variance function ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarWillR", Period) Williams' %R function
jose '-) http://metastocktools.com/MACDH/MACDHdiverg.htm (available from Sept 2005) .
Marilyn  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2005 3:14:40 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Thank you! Good to hear from you again Jose! Have fun on your vacation... (wishing it was me... :smt088) :) M
Nag  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2005 9:20:08 AM(UTC)
Nag

Hi Jose, As the creator of the VarPeriod DLL, I find quite stunning that you didn't ask me if I was OK about you using my job and selling it without any compensation... I guess some people may name that software piracy... so, please contact me as soon as possible so that we can see how we can work this out.
Jose  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2005 7:59:55 AM(UTC)
Jose

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Nag, if you are the real owner of the VarPeriod.dll, you have my admiration for creating a versatile MetaStock dll. However, you should know that I've been trying to contact you for years, with the view to ask you if you would kindly release it to the general public. Unfortunately your URL in the dll's copyright notice is not valid, and it's basically impossible to find your email address with only your nick to go by. You should also know that I don't sell the dll, and have never done so - I include the dll in the MACDH divergence kit, but it is not a necessary component of the kit and I can remove it if it's a problem. http://metastocktools.com/MACDH/MACDHdiverg.htm Please write to me at josesilva22 at yahoo.com jose '-) http://metastocktools.com .