logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
klburris  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2005 3:34:08 PM(UTC)
klburris

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Question on ETS - Is there anyone on this forum that uses ETS for day trading? If so, what are your general feelings towards the product? Ease of use, profitability, stability of signals, etc. Also, for day traders - is there any other product you've used that you've had good luck with? Thanks in advance. -- Keith
jingle46  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2005 12:04:47 AM(UTC)
jingle46

Save your money! Without being able to optimize program really is limited.
Patrick  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2005 3:35:52 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
:lol: Welcome Jingle46. That was pretty clear and concise :D
dieselpr  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2005 2:59:15 PM(UTC)
dieselpr

I purchased the 30 day trail from metastock and I would strongly agree with jingle46 save your money. I returned it and ICE not worth the time or money in my own opinin.
Patrick  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2005 3:07:18 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
:lol: That's why you guys should take advantage of the 30 days money back guarantee thingy ... There are a lot of plugins / add-ons out there and 99% of them will not be worth the money to you ... Patrick :mrgreen:
henry1224  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2005 3:40:55 PM(UTC)
henry1224

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
While I don't have this Add-on, I wonder if it has external functions that could be used to create other indicators? I agree with Patrick that most Add-ons by themselves are not worth their weight in !@#$#@!, I feel that the end user should use them as a stepping stone to expand on the systems!
klburris  
#7 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2005 5:51:45 PM(UTC)
klburris

Yep, it does allow for external calls for building other indicators. However, I returned my copy also. Things I found wrong with it: There are two experts, the simple expert and the complex expert. The simple expert gives buy and sell indications with stops and targets in the commentary. The complex expert gives buy and sell signals with exits on the chart. The complex version just simply can't be used for real time data of a shorter duration than 30-60 minutes as the calculations and database manipulations are just too compute heavy for it. The simple version can be used on data as fast as 1 minute but the commentary frequently returns the standard error message. I assume this is because of cpu intensive things but I don't know. At any rate, you often do not get stop information. The system works with trends only. Day trading quite often involves instant decision making and I found the tool to be ineffective in this regard. In running explorations on daily data, signals 'seemed' to be somewhat reliable, but I did not trade any. These downsides I may have been able to live with. I generally don't like to bash other people's products without stating some of the positive things as well. The thing that really ticked me off was the tech support or lack therof. They chose not to answer any of my e-mail questions. When I talked to Equis tech support about a problem with ETS, Equis was also unable to figure out the problem, so Equis sent an e-mail to ETS asking for help. This also was ignored. I then contacted the Equis salesperson and they contacted ETS either by e-mail or phone, but a response to me was not forthcoming. I then contacted my sales rep again, and finally, I got a response. This is not the way to provide customer support, and, for that reason, I would not recommend the product no matter how good it was. Just my two cents worth. Understand, I am not bashing Equis here. Equis tried very hard to accomodate me. -- Keith