logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wabbit  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2005 3:04:39 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Sorry, I don't want to include expats in this, just the people in Oz. wabbit :D
Marilyn  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2005 11:54:24 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Are you thinking of putting together a user group?? :) I can send an email to everyone in OZ telling them to come here to put in their two cents... What do you think? M
wabbit  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2005 12:01:05 AM(UTC)
wabbit

There are already a number of "groups" where I am in Perth, but none of them "officially MS". If I can get the time to get some other people with time together for a time then ..... now I'm confused Yes :lol: wabbit :D
Marilyn  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2005 12:03:06 AM(UTC)
Marilyn

:) You sound like me! And I just got back from a trip to Las Vegas with the girlfriends.... We shall send out an email tomorrow morning! Glad to hear I am not the only one here who is a tiny bit loopy. :D
Sultan  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2005 4:45:03 AM(UTC)
Sultan

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hi Marilyn, I received your email today. I'm new to Metastock use although I've had the software some time. I was hoping to do a course through Paritech in Sydney but it was cancelled at the last minute with no prospect of another. I trade Forex on line but with the broker's software. I would like to trade the Oz stockmarket so am just taking out a subscription to receive data. Looks like I'll have to struggle through learning Metastock without a quickstart from some trainer. Regards
kpgduras  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2005 10:54:10 AM(UTC)
kpgduras

Hi Wabbit and Marilyn I have just received an email from Marilyn - thanks for the heads up. I'm in Perth but am not an active trader at the moment - I am interested in all things technical though :D I use 8.01 EOD and religiously update the ASX prices everyday using Databull. I am hoping for the day when I will be able to trade - again :!: kpgduras
Marilyn  
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2005 2:53:01 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Hello! Good to hear from you all... Sultan - there are some training videos available on the forum... check out the Best of the Forum post - I think it is in general... The webinar recording should help you get familiar with the product. We also have 4 online classes that you can register for... just go to our main site - www.metastock.com and look in Events > Online Training. These are free, all you do is call and register. Then we send you log in details. You can use the log in details to go to any class you want. Patrick has recording these on his list of things to do - this will happen sometime in the near future but his list of things to do grows by the minute. :) Welcome and feel free to use this space to learn more about MetaStock, Technical Analysis and trading strategies! Marilyn
s1nbad  
#8 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2005 9:26:31 AM(UTC)
s1nbad

I'm in Sydney and would apppreicate knocking heads with other MS users, I, like many are only new to MS and need all the help I can get :?
wabbit  
#9 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2005 11:56:31 AM(UTC)
wabbit

For all those in Australia, I appreciate how difficult it can be getting help due our time zones. I am usually online of an evening and am willing to offer my services to those who ask. I can be reached through the forum, skyPE (free, fast, good quality voice) or email (see my profile for details) Please have you users manual handy and have a read first, but until then I look forward to hearing from you. wabbit :D
Marilyn  
#10 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2005 2:42:36 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

And just so you all know - I have had some direct email from some shy folks who will be watching to see when and where you all decide to meet and will join you there.
Francesco  
#11 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2005 10:53:49 AM(UTC)
Francesco

Hi I would attend if I can but I am in the ACT. Been using Metastock EOD version for some time to administer my portfolio. F
denk  
#12 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2005 5:22:55 AM(UTC)
denk

user bribane ...
liam707  
#13 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2005 12:10:54 PM(UTC)
liam707

Hi there. My name is william and live in Sydney and a user of Metastock. I could not describe myself as an advanced user but would be interested in an interest group. cheers will
chopper  
#14 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2005 10:43:29 AM(UTC)
chopper

Count me in on the Perth User Group. I've been using Metastck for about 3 months, and am using Jim Berg's system. I figure I'm using about 2% of MS capability.
wabbit  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2005 12:24:40 PM(UTC)
wabbit

For the people in Perth..... I am thinking about hosting a meeting / introductions session some time in July. I am still trying to locate a suitable venue, and an agenda. I am in the process of developing a MetaStock Exam to gauge the level of knowledge of attendees at the forum to ensure the presentations are pitched at the right level, so dont think you will be able to show up without doing a little bit homework first! ;) There may be a small fee associated to cover the cost of venue hire, TOC etc. however it will (more than likely) be less than $20 per person (better than the $300+ asked by some businesses?) To assist my efforts, may I ask you indicate whether you would be interested in attending a session, at what level would you like the session pitched, and whether you would like to/able to deliver any presentations of your own. I was thinking of concentrating on the MS formula language, at various (desired) levels, this seems to be the area where most people have trouble? Marilyn: I believe you guys have some standard offerings for MS meetings? Anyway, please let me know any requirements / ideas / requests etc wabbit :D
barbiedoll  
#16 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2005 10:56:54 AM(UTC)
barbiedoll

Hi, I'm Barbie from Blackwater, outback Qld. I trade the AUD/USD, EUR/USD and USD/JPY. I don't think I would be able to attend any meetings, my nearest city is Rockhampton, 2 hrs drive away. Anyway, I've been trading a demo since January (originally with FXCM), I'm a tech trader learning fundamentals. I'm preparing to go live soon. I love metatrader, especially the volume indicator, it also has heaps of other indicators that aren't offered on the free charting package with FXCM, the platform also doesn't freeze during high volume periods. I'd love to learn from and share with other traders regarding technical and fundamental analysis.
gsandral  
#17 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2005 3:16:44 AM(UTC)
gsandral

Wabbit You can add me to the list of Perth users of MetaStock v9 Regards Graeme :)
damo  
#18 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2005 3:15:47 PM(UTC)
damo

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
hi wabbit, i caught your post a little late, can you add me to your perth list thanks, damo :D
vk4ajl  
#19 Posted : Monday, April 4, 2011 5:40:46 PM(UTC)
vk4ajl

Are u still At Blackwater I'm in Mackay
Rgds George
ToplineROE  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2011 5:33:08 PM(UTC)
ToplineROE

Robert here, based in Melbourne. I attended the recent MS Conference in Sydney and know how much I don't know. Scott Brown mentioned he would look at starting user groups in Aus. Lincoln Stock Doctor has done this well, so has VectorVest. Any Melbourne MS users??