logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patrick  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2004 6:42:50 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

1. Open a new ASCII file in a text editor (e.g. WordPad, Notepad).

2. Type the list of securities to add to the Symbol Database using the following format:

<Security name>, <symbol>, <exchange>

Example:

Microsoft, MSFT, NASD

Apple Computer, AAPL, NASD

Oracle, ORCL, NASD

Iomega, IOM, NYSE

There should be no spaces before or after commas. Each individual security must be entered on a separate line in the text editor. The <exchange> and <security name> entries are completely optional.

You may also create an ASCII file using the following format:

<Symbol>

Example:

MSFT

AAPL

ORCL

IOM

In the example above, the ASCII file contains only one field per line (i.e., the symbol).

Since the <security name> is not provided, The DownLoader will attempt to provide a <Security name> from the existing Symbol Database. For example, since the Symbol Database in The DownLoader associates the symbol "MSFT" to the security name "Microsoft," the name "Microsoft" will automatically be used in the <security name> field. However, if The DownLoader does not find a match for the <symbol> in the existing list, the symbol itself will be used in place of the <security name>.

3. Save the ASCII file with the extension ".SYM" (e.g. "COMPUTER.SYM").

Note that when you save the file in Notepad or WordPad, you should choose "All Files" from the Files of type drop list. If you do not, a ".TXT" extension will be added after the file name (e.g. "COMPUTER.SYM.TXT"). If this happens, rename the file in Windows Explorer so the Symbol Database will correctly recognize the file format.

4. Place the ASCII file in the same folder as The DownLoader program.

(E.G. "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Equis\The DownLoader")

5. Open The DownLoader and display the Symbol Database.

6. The name of the newly created Symbol Database file will be displayed in the Type menu of the Symbol Database.

Edited by moderator Friday, June 30, 2023 10:18:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

rishi107  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2005 8:07:02 PM(UTC)
rishi107

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Patrick wrote:
1. Open a new ASCII file in a text editor (e.g. WordPad, Notepad). well dear, i have leanrt how to make symbol, kindly tell now how to convert .csv to metastock file in tool > convert kindly tell me how to convert now into metastock, do view graphs in lines of candlesticks... pleaseee i am at now climax of converter plssss do it for meee thanks waiting,