logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jr  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2005 2:38:33 AM(UTC)
jr

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I'm new and getting a little frustrated. I want to call indexes, such as NYSE, NAS, and S&P500. There is a list of the calls for these using Rueters, .IXIC, .NYA, and $SPY; but I can't find these charts anywhere. So, what am I doint wrong? Do I have to write code, or configure my program, or give up my first born? This seems so simple, why does MetaStock make it a challenge. I tried to call up .BIX and got a message the symbol doesn't exist--eventhough it is located in the Indicies folder.
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2005 3:24:42 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Try updating your symbol database. Go in the downloader, click on tools update symbols database. When the update is done close MetaStock and the Downloader and restart them. Then try to open .DJI, if it tells you it is an invalid symbol then most likely your account is not set up to get indices and you would have to call equis support. If it works and you know the codes of the other indices you want just type a dot before the symbol. For example the symbol for the index you want is AAA just type .AAA that works 99% of the time. Patrick
hayseed  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2005 4:07:53 AM(UTC)
hayseed

hey jr.... couple thoughts here..... if you have the securites in the folder arranged by name, typing in 'spy' sometimes will not load the chart..... you might need to change the folder to 'view by symbol'...... if the 'new symbol' box comes up , most often thats the reason..... also a second thought , some of the securites are only available if you use reuters data..... i use esignal for real time and use reuters for the broad market and indcies..... 'spy' not '$spy' is in the r-s folder in US stocks...... esignal uses the '$' in front of indexes, reuters uses the period.....its tricky at first.......h
jr  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2005 5:19:39 AM(UTC)
jr

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Thanks for all the help. I guess I didn't subscribe to the indexes. I didn't know there was a fee for that. Maybe I'll keep TC2005 for the indexes until it runs out. Thanks again.
Patrick  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2005 5:39:06 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Always glad to save first born kids :mrgreen: