logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
xiaozhuang  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2005 4:01:34 PM(UTC)
xiaozhuang

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

can we combine two or more systems to a new one in system tester ? take equis MACD expert system & equis trend analysis expert system for example, I would like the system tester make a buy/sell signal only if these two system both make the same decision. you know, in real situation, we normally make a decision according to multiple indicators ..
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2005 4:06:58 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Yes it is possible, it just requires to creates a new custom system using the MetaStock formula language. If you have a combination in mind that you would like to create, you should post a request in the formulae section and give details as to what you want exactly ( which systems do you want to combine, any other changes you would like etc ... ). I'm sure you will get help ... Patrick
xiaozhuang  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2005 10:22:25 AM(UTC)
xiaozhuang

thank you very much for your reply .. in addition, apart from the normal historial data, can metastock plot from other data source ? for example, a stock's short-sold volume, a stock's corresponding call/put warrants volume amount .. etc we should also take such factors into consideration
Patrick  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2005 5:36:12 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
You could import this data in Metastock .... For example I have a text file with X stock's short-sold volume I could import it as it was a close price value and just pretend it is a stock, I would just have to call it X stock's short-sold volume so that I know it is not a regular security. Import process from Text or excel files are well explained in the manual. Patrick
xiaozhuang  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 3, 2005 4:50:49 PM(UTC)
xiaozhuang

thank you ..