logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gerrit  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2005 5:47:31 PM(UTC)
Gerrit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi Hopefully someone has done this before. I want a very simple exit strategy that shifts my exit stop up each time we cross 10 more points profit. So if our points profit on a deal initially goes above 10, I want my stop set to 10 so that if the profit comes back to 10 I exit. If the profit however goes even further to above 20, I want to set the stop to 20 and so the game continues until the trend is reversed and I walk away happy with my stash. It is vital to test my exit strategy so I know whether I am letting my profits run. Any ideas? Thanks Gerrit
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2005 10:39:48 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
[color=red:35d9861f90]Warning - I did this in 5 minutes ....[/color] Make sure to double check the results etc .... bc:={your buy condition here}; rv:=Round((C-ValueWhen(1,bc,C))/10); mu:=If(RV<1,0,rv); lvl:=ValueWhen(1,bc,C); If(bc,lvl,If(ROC(mu,1,$)>0,lvl+(10*mu),PREV)); It's not pretty but it should return the stop line, then exit signal would be : bc:={your buy condition here}; rv:=Round((C-ValueWhen(1,bc,C))/10); mu:=If(RV<1,0,rv); lvl:=ValueWhen(1,bc,C); lin:=If(bc,lvl,If(ROC(mu,1,$)>0,lvl+(10*mu),PREV)); Cross(lin,C) Etc ... Patrick
Gerrit  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2005 6:53:02 PM(UTC)
Gerrit

Hi Patrick Thanks a lot for the help with this. At first I was a bit stumped but I figured out you're just coding a sell order condition and not actually putting anything in the separate stop function window. Your attempt was good but did not entirely pull off what I wanted. Below is what I did to it now and I think based on your feedback on other posts I hopefully spead the test up a lot by removing the PREV and roc functions. Might still need some tiny tweaks but the results and examples I checked out shows it is working now. Thanks a lot!! :D Gerrit entry := Cross(Mov(C,opt1,E),Mov(C,opt2,E)); lvl := ValueWhen(1,entry,C); rv := int((C-lvl)/10); mu := If(rv<1,0,rv); lin := If(C <= lvl,(lvl - 10), lvl+(10*mu)); Cross(lin,C)