logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bobhun  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2005 7:00:48 PM(UTC)
bobhun

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

I would like to plot an indicator of weekly MACD and weekly Stochastics on a daily chart. I will also plot daily MACD and Stochastics in their respective windows with the weekly indicators for intermediate and long term trading. For Stochastics I changed the parameters from (14,3) to (70,3) and it seems ok, maybe 3 could be changed to a larger number...I have not experimented yet. Is it possible to change the MACD parameters to approximate (simulate) the weekly indicators? I changed (12,26,9) to (60,130,9) and it seems not bad. Any ideas or does anyone have the custom indicators for both? Thanks.....
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2005 10:19:52 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
MACD WEEKLY ON DAILY DATA: friday:=DayOfWeek()=5; newweek:=ROC(DayOfWeek(),1,$)<0 AND Ref(DayOfWeek(),-1)<>5; p1:=0.15; p2:=0.075; p3:=0.2; px1:=If(friday,(p1*C)+((1-p1)*PREV), If(newweek,(p1*Ref(C,-1))+((1-p1)*PREV),PREV)); px2:=If(friday,(p2*C)+((1-p2)*PREV), If(newweek,(p2*Ref(C,-1))+((1-p2)*PREV),PREV)); px3:=If(friday,(p3*(px1-px2))+((1-p3)*PREV), If(newweek,(p3*(px1-px2))+((1-p3)*PREV),PREV)); px1-px2 STOCHASTIC WEEKLY ON DAILY DATA: fri:=DayOfWeek()=5; new:=ROC(DayOfWeek(),1,$)<0; next:= fri OR (new AND Ref(fri,-1)=0); ll:=LowestSince(5,new,L); hh:=HighestSince(5,new,H); c1:=Cum(If(fri,(C-ll), If(next,(Ref(C-ll,-1)),0))); c2:=Cum(If(fri,(hh-ll), If(next,(Ref(hh-ll,-1)),0))); ((c1-ValueWhen(4,next,c1))/ (c2-ValueWhen(4,next,c2)))*100
bobhun  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2005 1:01:15 AM(UTC)
bobhun

Thanks Patrick. Additionally, do you think my simulated approach above makes sense and is workable ?....eg, which is comparable to multiplying the daily parameters by 5.
Patrick  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2005 1:03:08 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Yes it would be fine ... It really all depends on how picky you are :)
hayseed  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2005 9:08:54 PM(UTC)
hayseed

hey bob.... couple thoughts here on weekly indicators on daily charts.... you can apply a ma to that macd that patricks code supplies... which would smooth it out... by selecting/deleting the orginal macd you would be left with only the ma of your choice.... also, you can drag the weekly macd off a weekly chart and drop it on the daily.... that also would plot the weekly on the daily..... if you use that method be sure to increase the 'weight' of the macd lines under the macd properties.... makes it easier to see..... the same goes for stoch or others.... just increase the 'weight' of lines before dragging them to the daily.... the weekly indicators will plot as dots....... of course, if for some reason you want to plot 'intc' weekly's stoch on a 'csco' daily chart, before dragging it to the 'csco' daily , change not only the 'weight' but also the 'color', otherwise it gets confusing to tell which is which......h
bobhun  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2005 8:30:23 PM(UTC)
bobhun

Hayseed thanks for the suggestion....I will try them....but I have a feeling I will like my dummy approach since it does approximate what I am trying to do and the indicator updates daily!