logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Prudent Trader  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2005 9:53:26 PM(UTC)
Prudent Trader

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I'm trying to create a simple exploration that looks for situations where +DI crosses above -DI; I have tried different versions of the formula, however when I run the exploration on my database of over 600 stocks, I usually get a report of about 20 stocks out of which no more than 7 results are correct (i.e. +DI crosses above –DI); the rest of the report consists of stocks with no crossover whatsoever, or with crossovers that happened a few periods back. I’m currently using MS version 8.01. I'm not sure if the problem is with the software or with the formulas. I have tried the following formulas and I get similar results: 1 – Ref(PDI(14)<MDI(14),-1) AND PDI(14)>=MDI(14) 2 – Cross(PDI(14), MDI(14)) 3 – DIRECT:=PDI(14)>MDI(14); DIRECT AND Ref(DIRECT,-1)=0 Any suggestions would be appreciated
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2005 10:00:00 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi, The second formula is the best one to use. All your formulas are actually correct. The problem is most likely that your explorations are using a different amount of data than your charts. Answer this question : How many periods do you usually look at on a chart? Now go to tools the explorer, click on options and make sure you do not have "Load Minimum record" selected but rather " Load X Records" X being the answer to the previous question. Hope this helps.
Prudent Trader  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2005 10:20:02 PM(UTC)
Prudent Trader

Hi Patrick, Thank you so much for your help. You were right; the Data Loading in Explorer Options was set to "Load Minimum Records". I changed that to "Load 1300 Records" and that solved the problem. You've been very kind. Thanks again.