logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Alex11  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 3, 2011 8:28:23 AM(UTC)
Alex11

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hello everyone New to this forum and have a question. I have run the Program CD which comes with this add-on and it stated that the installation was successful. When I open up Metastock and go to Explorer however, it does not show either of the two CPR Explorations nor does it show the CPR Expert in Expert Advisor. I know it has placed the files in the system because if I try to re-run the CD it states that the relevant files already exist and do I want to overwrite..... Does anyone know why Metastock has not automatically incorporated this add-on into the relevant features?? Any idea on how to rectify? I am using Metastock Pro 11. Thank you.
mstt  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 3, 2011 10:04:40 PM(UTC)
mstt

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Hi Alex You need to run the install program as administrator if you're using Vista or Windows 7. Otherwise the formulas install to a temp folder that is not in the MetaStock folder. I quizzed Equis support on this some time back and they responded quickly with the answer I needed for installing EXE files. They said that the same problem applied to add-ons. Technically the files are installed when the error occurs, Just not where MetaStock can will find them. Roy
Alex11  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 4, 2011 4:33:03 AM(UTC)
Alex11

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hi Roy Thank you for your reply. I have now got it to work but I've run Metastock in 'Administrator' mode (after reading your reply) and the functions are there (I did run the exe function again in Administrator mode too but still did not see the functions appear in Metastock). Strange that they should appear if the program is run in Aministrator mode but do not show if not run in this mode although everything else works fine. I had been using the program in non-administrator mode. Thank you again for your help in fixing the problem.
mstt  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 4, 2011 1:37:15 PM(UTC)
mstt

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Hi Alex Here's the response that I got to my question from Equis Support. This is a problem with plug-ins as well. Since Windows Vista and now Windows 7, if they run these programs without selecting run as administrator it will put them in the windows virtual store. You will see evidence of this when you navigate to C:\Program Files\Equis\MetaStock, up in the menu you will see "compatibility files". If you click on this you will see the folder path change to the virtual store. In limbo so to speak. This is a change they made in Windows. The bottom line here is, If they right click on the EXE and select "run as administrator" they will show up in MetaStock. Roy