logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PlainCityMan  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2009 4:27:10 PM(UTC)
PlainCityMan

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hi,

I made an attempt to write a .net mixed mode (managed and unmanaged/native) MSX dll. I wrote the exported functions in C++/CLI and the bulk of the indicator in C# with the C++/CLI functions calling static and non-static managed methods in static and instance classes written in C#. With the Microsoft SDK tools I compiled my C# code to a netmodule (csc.exe) and with a #using statement in the C++/CLI code to reference this netmodule, I compiled the C++/CLI code into a single file dll (cl). I followed the MSX guidelines as described in the MetaStock developers kit manual in writing the dll. After it was all said and done, it would not work in the MSXTest utility. So, I proceeded to investigate why it might not work and although I didn't look at ever single Forum entry for clues, I did find this statement, "The DLL needs to be a native win32 DLL with no runtime dependencies." in one forum entry which succiently summed it up well. Well, ok. But I'm really bullheaded and I want to know, WHY? Why won't MetaStock work with a DLL with runtime dependencies? I have native export functions so it seems that it should work.

I might speculate that it might have something to do with an intended or unintended loader lock issue but I really don't know.

Will anyone give me some idea as to WHY a mixed mode .net MSX dll won't work?

Does anyone know if this will be remedied in the next MetaStock version. I really hate to work in obsolete programming languages and would really like to write in Java or C# and not waste time in dead end clutzy languages.

Thanks.

PCM