logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jstaron  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 8, 2005 6:55:31 PM(UTC)
jstaron

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi, I noticed AlphOmega buy/sell indicators seemed to be perfect [red flag]. A dozen buy signals were indeed followed by a dozen sell signals at a higher price [60 minute periodicy] However, when I went to buy a stock [the buy signal appeared] I noticed the stock was dropping. Waiting a minute or two later, I noticed the buy altert disappeared! Is this why the buy and sell signals are perfect? Hoping there is an honest explanation for this. Please advise. Thanks, Joe
Jose  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 8, 2005 8:18:10 PM(UTC)
Jose

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
From your description, it sounds to me like the AlphOmega plug-in is using the hindsight-based ZigZag functions. jose '-)
jstaron  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2005 2:32:55 PM(UTC)
jstaron

Hi, Thanks for the response. I've asked the developer to explain this phenomenon. I'm take screen shots to verify the moving of buy and sell signals. Not totally convinced there is something wrong. Thanks, Joe
Patrick  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2005 3:31:23 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Quote:
I've asked the developer to explain this phenomenon
I'm curious to know his answer ... Be carefull, make sure you do take your time and paper trade this system, I would not rely on the system tester's results if the signals appear and disappear. Wether it is working as designed or not ;) Patrick :mrgreen:
jstaron  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2005 3:45:53 PM(UTC)
jstaron

Hi Patrick, Sure, I'll let you know the results. Right now BBD had a Buy signal 3:00 yesterday and has fallen since. So far the Buy signal has stayed. I'm still taking print screens on this and other stocks. Perhaps the Buy/Signals may disappear only if their are in the same bar of the time frame [hope so]. Joe
jstaron  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2005 3:51:22 PM(UTC)
jstaron

Patrick, Just got the replay from AlphOmega: Usually the signal is firm at the completion of the bar. There may be times when the signal goes on and off when the price moves in the threshold (trigger) zone. If the stock had gone up past the trigger point by the end of the bar, the signal would have been firmed. Seems reasonable, but perfect results just can't be true - must be something else. Two things I know: 1) no software is right more than maybe 55% of the time, and 2) nobody knows whether a stock will go up or down. Joe
Patrick  
#7 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2005 3:57:26 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Well that's usually the standard answer ... Here is what I would do. Open a chart of a security and apply the expert on it. For each buy signal ( a few of them at least :) ) plot a vertical green bar, for each sell signals plot a red vertical bar. Now starting from the end, very far right put your cursor on the last vertical bar you drew and see what the date is, now right click on the x-axis and select x axis properties. Change the last displayed and last loaded date to the date of the signal. Do the symbol disappear .... Did other signals disappear ... Repeat this process a fwe times... Patrick :mrgreen:
johnl  
#8 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2005 5:41:07 PM(UTC)
johnl

I would be interested in the results of the test. A ZigZag trap (like above) is my guess. Also, something like a weekly signal coming and going while it is still an active week. 55% - that's it?
hayseed  
#9 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2005 2:11:27 AM(UTC)
hayseed

hey j.... its common for signals to bounce in and out on the last bar.... that bouncing does become annoying when the alerts are running.... i usually turn them off once a trigger is hit.... esp if watching several securities..... was wondering about your last statement, 1) no software is right more than maybe 55% of the time, .... only 55%? ......h
konrad  
#10 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2005 2:29:29 AM(UTC)
konrad

Quote:
Hi, I noticed AlphOmega buy/sell indicators seemed to be perfect [red flag]. A dozen buy signals were indeed followed by a dozen sell signals at a higher price [60 minute periodicy] However, when I went to buy a stock [the buy signal appeared] I noticed the stock was dropping. Waiting a minute or two later, I noticed the buy altert disappeared! Is this why the buy and sell signals are perfect? Hoping there is an honest explanation for this. Please advise. Thanks,
Alpha Omega buy sell signal is ok but is late signal as you may see after 3 days of bullish trend it show red signal(buy signal) and 2-3 days is show sell signal... It better to look at candlestick Patern recognize what is happening than Alpha.. Alpha is ok for longer term trader... not for me.., I have use alpha to catch the swing of very short movement but only 4% of my trade was succesful on alpha.. look below a chart is alpha template with Candlestick I mark my trade.. it not that sucesfful as must be... but that my start only.. Lucent Techonology (LU) each order of 5000 share I making my decision mostly on candlestick... UserPostedImage
konrad  
#11 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2005 2:52:45 AM(UTC)
konrad

I have try [color=red:79e21f50de]Joes Zig Zag [/color]look ok, as you mention I have compare Zig zag to Alpha Omega elliot waves and look very similar the signal as similar but as I said above they are late 3 bar or more... or for longer term investor... I dont like longer position... in my opinion longer is more risky than short.. because you dont have to know fundamental data -that save you lot of time Joes, you have nice MACDH indicator diverange!...I think about order soon, Do you accept Money order or paypal? You sent it with email or with a standard mail delivery?
Hwyman  
#12 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2005 11:54:48 PM(UTC)
Hwyman

jstaron wrote:
Hi, I noticed AlphOmega buy/sell indicators seemed to be perfect [red flag]. A dozen buy signals were indeed followed by a dozen sell signals at a higher price [60 minute periodicy] However, when I went to buy a stock [the buy signal appeared] I noticed the stock was dropping. Waiting a minute or two later, I noticed the buy altert disappeared! Is this why the buy and sell signals are perfect? Hoping there is an honest explanation for this. Please advise. Thanks, Joe
I tried the product a while ago. It uses a zig zag indicator with a percentage change. That means that on real time basis a signal may appear now and disappear a few minutes later. Somewhere in the documentation I believe they explained that before a signal becomes "tradeable" that is, before you know that it will not disappear, you need to wait for a "confirmation". Usually, by the time you receive the confirmation, the pattern is complete and a move in the opposite direction has began. therefore you end up buy high and selling low. I also thought the product is way overloaded with indicators experts and systems all doing the same thing. I believe with the intention of convincing the user they are getting a lot for their money when in fact all they are getting is a zig zag indicator combined with a 5/35 oscilator. This is a flaw of many elliott wave counters which re-count the waves continuously thus making trading impossible. From my quick observation Advanced GET End od Day does not have this flaw. You would not get the perfect picture you would otherwise but the signals are well defined and clear to see. It is, however, an expensive priduct.
Jose  
#13 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2005 2:58:58 AM(UTC)
Jose

Hey... what happened to my reply to Konrad's post? :?: j '-)
StorkBite  
#14 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2005 3:21:42 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I never saw it... did you reply to this thread, or are you talking about the first time you answered this same question in another thread?
Jose  
#15 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2005 3:53:05 AM(UTC)
Jose

I'm sure I replied to this thread... Never mind - it wasn't a ground-breaking post anyway. :) jose '-)
StorkBite  
#16 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2005 2:03:03 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Well then... if it wasn't ground breaking... ok. :lol:
StorkBite  
#17 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2005 6:18:50 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

To elaborate: Paypal and email delivery, Konrad. See Jose's website for more information... please conduct your personal business off of the forum. Thanks.
konrad  
#18 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2005 11:02:25 PM(UTC)
konrad

G.stockman Thank you yes, i will see Joes web site for any assistance! Hello [color=green:6e6ee1605a]Hywemen[/color]
tradeable" that is, before you know that it will not disappear, you need to wait for a "confirmation". Usually, by the time you receive the confirmation, the pattern is complete and a move in the opposite direction has began. therefore you end up buy high and selling low. I also thought the product is way overloaded with indicators experts and systems all doing the same thing. I believe with the intention of convincing the user they are getting a lot for their money when in fact all they are getting is a zig zag indicator combined with a 5/35 oscilator. This is a flaw of many elliott wave counters which re-count the waves continuously thus making trading impossible. From my quick observation Advanced GET End od Day does not have this flaw. You would not get the perfect picture you would otherwise but the signals are well defined and clear to see. It is, however, an expensive priduct.[/quote wrote:
Try Joes zig zag, it real nice indicator, also I recomand Joes MACDH Diverange is tested and work. My friend have one and he like it. about Alpha yes you are right, alpha usually wait for confirmation of low point and on the high point when it said to buy you have to sell then..., as you may see my previous post only 4% on alpha was succesfull trade, all system work but in diffrent stock and diffrent time frame, that why you use system test to testing securities. compare Alpha Omega elliot waves hl v 6.0 to alpha omega elwi lowvolty v 2.0 you will see very big diffrency between them the first as I use is for long term the second for short term swing. Equis product is not expensive is worth the price. For good product customer pay good money! I am happy with Equis product it give me twice reward as I paid for them! PS: what similar system or indicator you see in alpha