logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
patoche  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2005 1:47:28 PM(UTC)
patoche

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hello, I am thinking to buy "Power Pivot Plus" add-on. I want to know if anybody has experience or comments about this add-on? Is it efficient ? Thank for your answer. :cry:
billtrudeau  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2005 4:24:33 PM(UTC)
billtrudeau

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

I have had this plug-in since it was released. Early on I read through about 500 posts on the subject on Yahoo and never really got the hang of it. The posts on Yahoo are difficult to absorb because the threads are spread out over time and the text of some of the posts are not well put together. Sort of surprising, because the two folks who put this package together seem articulate and knowledgeable, but because they have such a grasp of the subject, I think that they fail to understand why the newbies don't immediately grasp the subject matter. They have gone way beyond the call of duty, IMO, in trying to help the plug-in user. I am going to take another stab at this plug-in. I think it is necessary to have a basic understanding of what the plug-in is intended to do, at its core, and forget about the systems that come with the plug-in or all of the various couplings with indicators until you have an understanding of how it detects pivots and why they change over time. Once you have an understanding of that, and only when you understand it so well that you can explain it to someone else and never have to stop and think about what it is that it does, then you can start to use some of the other functions that come with the package and develop some of your own trading systems, based upon your personal trading style, that will hopefully help you to make money in the market. Something else that they pointed out in the webinar that is helpful is that while most of us who have used MetaStock for sometime are so accustomed to creating and using indicators that we think in terms of an indicator based system. The essence of Power Pivots is price action. So the plug-in alerts you to what is happening with price, by painting pivot points and then constantly evaluating the pivots as additional data becomes available. As the weight of the evidence accumulates, minor pivots change to intermediate and higher pivots, lending support to your position and an opportunity to add to your position.