logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hayseed  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2005 11:13:27 PM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

patrick had a good idea this morning as to speed up downloading, hope you noticed it...... one of the best ways to house clean is to move 3 times in the same month.... by the 3rd unpacking you will have just whats needed and not 1 fork more..... several months back i took the leaf blower to the local data folders, removing any with little volume, those that were doa and those with little appeal.... the change was dramatic.... its amazing what loosing a little weight can do.... here are a couple links that might be of value.... if you have quotecenter, the first 3 should pull up the various help files from it.... those files are on your computer now.... the pdf's might give you the standard warning if you have security settings tight like mine.... click ok, its just QC's files.... i printed all mine out, its worth it.... and again, those files will only be available if you have QC on your machine.... choose your appropriate drive letter where QC resides in on your machine..... QC help files drive c QC help files drive d QC help files drive e note..... there is some error in my html, so for the time being..... the web page must be saved to a folder or your documents.... when you save choose 'save as' web page, html only.... don't save as 'web page complete'.... use that saved web page to pull up the help files.... the next one here is a work in progress.... i will eventualy have all my symbol lists posted.... just right click on the sym list your interested in, and save as.... make sure you rename to something that will not conflict..... type .sym behind that file name and change file type to all files.... if you just click on the link you see in text the contents.... that way you can doctor it up if needed.... i'll post this better later....patrick had posted some time back exactly how to get the sym file in the downloader if your not sure, its easy.... i'll put patricks link in my next post and will be updating my list shortly...... http://www.hayseedville.com//metastocksymfiles.htm of course thats just the sym file no data.... the optionable stocks list is the longest.... just ran a test on it for this post.... it has 2524 securities in it and took 50 minutes using QuoteCenter to download all the data from 5/15/2000 to now.... that was 1324 records downloading at 63,000 quotes a minute for a total of 3,065,068 quotes.... my speed was either dsl or 3meg, forgot to look.... but that will give you an idea.... of course the smaller files will be a fraction of that.... .......h