logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hayseed  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2005 3:31:43 PM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

just got my meta pro 9.1 for QC in... had the download version prior.... first thing noticed was, 'read this first' stamped on the manual.... so i did.... the manual differs slightly from my cd version.... thats common but one thing you might should do before loading the data cd would be to rename your existing local 'metastock data' folder.... that way it will not be over written when you install the provided historical data cd.... my cd was current to 5/31/2005.... that cd is the auto run type.... the only trouble there is you don't know what your getting till you got it..... so don't overwrite.... odds are you will have some sub-folders in your existing 'metastock data' that will not be in the new one.... such as nas 100, s&p 500, dow 30 and so on... after everything is loaded, just open up both the new 'metastock data' and the 'renamed metastock data' folders.... just move your old sub-folders into the new 'metastock data' and everything will be fine.... if your in the states you might want to pull the 'canadian' sub folder out of the folder 'stocks-north american' folder..... unless you trade both.... hmmm..... its not only common sense but its also common math, the 200 ma's must be revisited from time to time.... the gravity of jupiter seen thru the metastock telescope ....h