logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
maw33326  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2005 6:40:23 PM(UTC)
maw33326

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Please help.. I installed the software now what??? I do not see any change in Metastock. Everything is the same as it was. How do I get the indicators to show on the chart?? Please help me... Is it a seperate piece of software or is it accessable from within Metastock?? If so how do I do this.... Also I can not find any documentation on this anywhere... Where can I download a tutorial or something? Thanks
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2005 6:43:47 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi maw33326, I believe nisson's candle stick plug in relies on explorations. In metastock click on tools, the explorer and in the list of explorations look for nisson's tools. If you don't see any try reinstalling the plug in. I unfortunately do have any info with me on that plug in and I hope you can wait till monday. Did you not get a manual with it or is it not enough? Patrick :mrgreen:
maw33326  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2005 6:53:23 PM(UTC)
maw33326

Patrick, No manual.. I do see NCU BULL and NCU Bear in the explore menu. But it does not lable the security it just says its done. Nothing on the chart itself... Is there a seperate place to download a pdf or something??
Patrick  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2005 6:55:53 PM(UTC)
Patrick

When you are done with the eploration you are supposed to click on report. Now it will show you securites that triggered a signal or something. Select one and click on open chart. Now with the chart open, click on tools, expert advisor and look fo the same NCU expert select it and click on attach. That should give an idea of it does. Patrick :mrgreen:
maw33326  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2005 7:12:33 PM(UTC)
maw33326

Thank you, I guess I will have to play with it. It did put some blue dots on the chart but thats it... Is there a good website that can help me more... or maybe a pdf?
Patrick  
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2005 7:25:33 PM(UTC)
Patrick

I doubt it, I will get more info for you on Monday. For now just take alook at the expert and expert commenary. When you have your chart open with the expert attached click on view expert commentary. As you will see I'm not a candlestick fan so this might be the plug in I know the least about :D Patrick :mrgreen:
wabbit  
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2005 11:39:53 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Why not go to the source? Steve Nison's web site: http://www.candlecharts.com/index.html and email address: nison@candlecharts.com or read the article here, it might help: http://www.candlecharts..../win/read-about-NCU.html wabbit :D
wabbit  
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2005 11:50:54 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Just wading the knee-deep pile of self-congratulatory bull-manure at his website and noticed a little disclaimer about his MS add-in:
http://www.candlecharts.com/private-software.html wrote:
NOTE: The NCU Plug-in works ONLY with MetaStock End-Of-Day and US stocks.
If his product is soooo good, and sooo powerful, shouldn't it work in any market? Maybe it does.... who knows! wabbit :D
Patrick  
#9 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2005 11:54:15 PM(UTC)
Patrick

:ptdr: :-# :-w)
henry1224  
#10 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2005 12:28:33 AM(UTC)
henry1224

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The reason that it works on US Markets is because it relies on the S&P 500 index to determine market conditions for buy and sell conditions
wabbit  
#11 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2005 12:34:39 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Thats what you get when hard code indicators a specific index.... It does raise a queston with me, though: In these addons and plugins (or is that addin and plugon?) how does the user pass the location of the data arrays to the function? My data doesn't live in C:\\MetaStock Data\\A-Z\\ etc so if I bought one of these systems, how do I direct the hardcode to my data storage? Does it happen during installation? If I then move the data on my disk (as I am want to do quite often) does it mean I have to unistall the addin and re-install it? Curious... wabbit :D