logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ailiakop  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2005 10:16:44 AM(UTC)
ailiakop

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi guys, I have just subscribed to esignal to get real time data. Does anyone know how to get historical information when you create a new security for real time data. The system I run requires historical information in order to get my buy and sell triggers. I cannot use the data on demand function because I am using the alert function to notify me of a change in a price without me having to access the PC if I leave it running the real time data will automatically notify me. Artie Frustrated :?
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2005 5:28:20 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
There is no way to get historical intraday data into your Real time files ... What i usually recommend is to open all the charts for the securities you want history for and then copy the securities from your data on demand cache folder to your local data and then start updating it real time. My advice would be to do this during the week end ;)
hayseed  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2005 2:32:44 AM(UTC)
hayseed

hey ailiakop..... you didn't mention what time frame you were interested in, how many days you need or how many securities but there might be a couple ways to get a reasonble amount of real time historical data into real time files tonite..... the less complicated would be, and this may be what patrick has suggested, just paste the data into the data sheet in the downloader.... a realtime folder differs slightly than a standard, of course you know that but some might not...... if you have a real time folder with say, 'csco' hourly in it but only have a few rows of data, just open a 60 minute chart of 'csco' in meta.... right click on 1 of the price bars and click copy.... now you have the 60 minute historical data.... go to the downloader and open 'csco's data sheet in that real time folder..... just paste the data in..... then delete all the rows of data that were in there to begin with..... as your deleting, you will occasionaly get a warning box saying the days are not in order, click 'no'.... your deleting those rows ... don't worry about the start date, the downloader will back up the time.... holler back if i was unclear, will post it better.... the other method involves fiddling with meta files, and if i get into that , patrick or marilyn will get out the hammer hittin funny face......h
ailiakop  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2005 12:09:09 PM(UTC)
ailiakop

:lol: Thanks for your help appreciated Will try on the weekend Artie
arozs  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2007 4:35:32 AM(UTC)
arozs

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hello there,

I have just upgraded from EOD to PRO, looking for realtime data and realtime triggers, but having tha same issue of not having historical data in the realtime files.

e.g. Running The Explorer seems to be useless without at least 5-7 years of daily data

I am using MS10, how can this be solved?