logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
timinwaedi  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2016 2:31:38 PM(UTC)
timinwaedi

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I have created a custom list of securities on one pc and would like to duplicate it on another pc. Where can I find this file locally or is there a way to copy the contents of the list to the clipboard?
MS Support  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2016 3:45:53 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Hi, Currently there is not a direct way to do this from inside MetaStock. There are a couple indirect methods which I will outline. You can copy the entire contents of C:\Users\(Windows.Username)\AppData\Local\Thomson Reuters\MetaStock\14.0\CustomLists The problem with this method is that you would be replacing the entire Custom List folder on one PC with the other one. If you want both PCs to have identical Custom Lists, this is less of a concern. Because the files are in an XML format and have a ListMaster for tracking the lists, you cannot simply take an individual list and move it over this way. Another (likely simpler) method would be to run a simple exploration (You could create a simple exploration with just the letter C in Column A to report the Closing Price) and run that exploration on your custom list. When you get your report window, you can highlight all the results (Shift clicking from the first to last result) then right-clicking on the highlighted securities and choose Copy. You can then past the results into Excel to move over to another PC. I did write up a suggestion to see if down the road we can make a more direct Export option or an ability to Copy/Paste directly from the custom list editor.