Consider I need to trap alert-emails send by Expert advisor to the specified e-mail recipient, for further process.
In order to do this, I developed a windows application (in visual studio) which is connected to Microsoft Outlook and traps e-mails before they are sent to recipient.
After that, I analyze the E-mail subject into its contents (e.g. Security name, alert text...) and then I store it into a database for further process as well.
However, the connection of the program with the Microsoft-Outlook has many-many problems. So I thought it will be better to store alert-messages to a plain-text file.
Searching for this solution, I found the Metastock Devepoler's Kit, but this kit is no longer available for sale.
So, I am looking forward for any suggestion that would solve my problem.
Thanks a lot in advance
Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your Discussions forum accountor Register a new forum account.
My application works as I briefly describe :
1. Metastock-online receives real-time data from a vendor.
2. Metastock Expert advisors, create alerts that send a specific e-mail for each security, via Microsoft outlook
3. At this point my application catch-up the e-mails, applies some process and stores them in a database.
In this context, the Metastock operates properly without any mistake. The problem exists in step 3.
Thereafter I can summarize as follows :
1. The interface between my application (.net) and the Microsoft outlook, has many problems.
2. .Net environment has no interface with the Mozilla Thunderbird and therefore I cannot use it.
3. Metastock Developer's kit is starting to be obsolete (apparently no longer supported), while my application looks forward to the future. So I am advised to avoid this kit from use.
Because of the above described problems, I thought the case with the text file.
Finally, I realize that there is no any acceptable solution for my problem, at this time.
Thank you for your attention
Ok, I understood.