logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
xrousaios  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 4:07:02 PM(UTC)
xrousaios

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Dear friends,

Consider I need to trap alert-emails send by Expert advisor to the specified e-mail recipient, for further process. 

In order to do this, I developed a windows application (in visual studio) which is connected to Microsoft Outlook and traps e-mails before they are sent to recipient.

After that, I analyze the E-mail subject into its contents (e.g. Security name, alert text...) and then I store it into a database for further process as well.

However, the connection of the program with the Microsoft-Outlook has many-many problems. So I thought it will be better to store alert-messages to a plain-text file.

Searching for this solution, I found the Metastock Devepoler's Kit, but this kit is no longer available for sale.

So, I am looking forward for any suggestion that would solve my problem.

Thanks a lot in advance 

George

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 10:21:23 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Hello, I am not sure the issues you are encountering with Microsoft Outlook specifically, although MetaStock can send alerts to any 32-Bit FULL MAPI mail client, such as Mozilla Thunderbird. The MetaStock Developer's Kit is still sold, although certain components are becoming somewhat obsolete. You can still use the Developer's Kit to develop an expert advisor that runs off of a DLL. This DLL would essentially be doing the writing of the text file.
xrousaios  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2015 5:51:42 PM(UTC)
xrousaios

Hello, 

My  application works as I briefly describe :

1.  Metastock-online receives real-time data from a  vendor.

2. Metastock Expert advisors, create alerts that send a specific e-mail for each security, via Microsoft outlook

3. At this point my application catch-up the e-mails, applies some process and stores them in a database.

In this context, the Metastock operates properly without any mistake. The problem exists in step 3.

Thereafter I can summarize as follows :

1.  The interface between my application (.net)  and the Microsoft outlook,  has many problems.

2. .Net environment has no interface with the Mozilla Thunderbird and therefore I cannot use it.

3. Metastock Developer's kit is starting to be obsolete (apparently no longer supported), while my application looks forward to the future.  So I am advised to avoid this kit from use.

Because of the above described problems, I thought the case with the text file.

Finally, I realize that there is no any acceptable solution for my problem, at this time.

Thank you for your attention

George

MS Support  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2015 6:35:30 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Hi George, There are 2 main components to the MetaStock Developer's Kit: MSX (dealing with the creation of 32-bit DLLs to work inside MetaStock) and MSFL (MetaStock File Library) which allowed an application to read our old MetaStock data format. While we still support the old MetaStock data format, newer versions of MetaStock no longer use this old locally stored data format. We will support it and we still provide the DownLoader to users who want to collect and store their data in this way. When I refer to 'becoming obsolete' I am strictly referring to the reading of this old local data format because newer versions of MetaStock have moved beyond this data format. The portion that deals with the creation of external formulas via a DLL (MSX) is still fully supported within MetaStock and there are no plans to stop supporting this even with future development to MetaStock (we plan to keep backwards compatibility even when we update our formula language).
xrousaios  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2015 3:56:21 PM(UTC)
xrousaios

Ok, I understood.

I will buy the kit and i will try to solve the problem.

Thanks for your attention 

George