logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MS Support  
#41 Posted : Monday, July 21, 2014 11:36:55 AM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 155 time(s) in 150 post(s)
rkdavis wrote:

Sorry about the delay. Yes, the charts load fine both of those methods. Anything else you'd like me to try?

It sounds like you might be experiencing a different issue. There is specifically an MSWIN.EXE crash when opening charts, but it sounds like you are running into a non-responsive type of crash/hang of the program.

We have seen some sporadic cases where expert advisors that use a lot of FML calls cause the program to become non-responsive (or pop up a message about the file being in use by another application). We are investigating this and should have this fixed in a subsequent update.
Laisze  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, July 22, 2014 11:34:11 PM(UTC)
Laisze

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

MS Support wrote:
That is interesting and could be related to too much information hitting the Expert Advisor / Indicator Builder all at once.

I think this may be another "feature" of flaky MS v12/13.

I'm running an on-the-fly optimization template/expert with 98 indicators (and referencing 145 equity curves), and apart from having to wait 6-8 sec for the heavy processing to finalize on each chart, I've never encountered any problems whatsoever in MS v11.

AndyM  
#43 Posted : Friday, August 15, 2014 9:47:24 PM(UTC)
AndyM

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Im having the same problem, I don't have complex technical indicators in my layouts, I have a lot of line studies. Its painful opening my layouts each day, they take ages to load, sometimes I have to close them and restart to get them loaded.

MS Support  
#44 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2014 10:08:16 AM(UTC)
MS Support

AndyM wrote:

Im having the same problem, I don't have complex technical indicators in my layouts, I have a lot of line studies. Its painful opening my layouts each day, they take ages to load, sometimes I have to close them and restart to get them loaded.

Hi AndyM,

This is a bit of a lengthy thread so I am not quite sure which same problem you are experiencing. However, line studies shouldn't cause any performance issues. How much data are you loading into your layouts? Which symbols are you using, which periodicity? How many total charts / symbols are in the layout? It could be one particular symbol that is causing all the rest to come in slowly (for example, if one symbol is struggling to retrieve the data, all the rest of the symbols may be waiting to fulfill their request).
billtrudeau  
#45 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2014 5:38:36 PM(UTC)
billtrudeau

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

I just bought a new computer with the intention of installing MS 13 on it. I installed it but now want to know how to transfer my formulas, templates, layouts, custom toolbar, etc. from MS 11. Where are the folders that I can copy the DLLs, layouts, etc. to?

Also, I copied my data files from MS 11 to the new computer but don't seem to be able to open them.

Is there some sort of documentation that describes the differences between MS 11 and MS 13 and how to transition between the two?

The main reason I finally upgraded to MS 13 was because I heard that local data was restored to the program but it seems that is not really the case.
PTJim  
#46 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2014 10:39:34 AM(UTC)
PTJim

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Bill, I've never heard that local-data support was reimplemented in MS13, in fact I'd be shocked because they barely issue bug-fix releases, much less feature improvements between major versions.

I'm sticking with MS11 until local data works again.
KenKsp  
#47 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2014 12:22:37 PM(UTC)
KenKsp

It's really a shame that they let the local data go. They say it is there but you really can't use it for custom formula's, testing or trading. You can see the data after you go through a lot of steps to bring the data in. Then its just static. I supplied the list of requests to them. We will see what happens in the years that follow. I promptly returned 13 and jumped ship. It was a good run from version 1 up to version 11.

MS Support  
#48 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2014 5:59:00 PM(UTC)
MS Support

billtrudeau wrote:
I just bought a new computer with the intention of installing MS 13 on it. I installed it but now want to know how to transfer my formulas, templates, layouts, custom toolbar, etc. from MS 11. Where are the folders that I can copy the DLLs, layouts, etc. to?

Also, I copied my data files from MS 11 to the new computer but don't seem to be able to open them.

Is there some sort of documentation that describes the differences between MS 11 and MS 13 and how to transition between the two?

The main reason I finally upgraded to MS 13 was because I heard that local data was restored to the program but it seems that is not really the case.

These would be the typical file locations for what you're looking for. However, you can't really just copy your formula files into these folders, you would need to run the formula "Organizer" and import them into version 13.

Formulas - C:\Users\(Windows.Username)\AppData\Local homson Reuters\MetaStock\13.0\Formulas
Templates - C:\Users\(Windows.Username)\Documents\MetaStock
Layouts - C:\Users\(Windows.Username)\Documents\MetaStock
Custom Toolbar - C:\Users\(Windows.Username)\AppData\Local homson Reuters\MetaStock\13.0\

The old MetaStock local data format is not directly readable by MetaStock 13 and a conversion process must take place (The DownLoader can be used to facilitate this conversion). The thread below details more about the new local data format.

http://forum.equis.com/forums/permalink/43049/43049/ShowThread.aspx#43049

There is a fair amount of documentation on the new features and how to use them. The F1 Help topics for the Power Console would be a good starting point. The biggest change is going to be the Power Console, and the fact that the primary mode of using data in 13 is "online" data.

If you have more specific questions in mind let me know and I will answer as best as I can.