logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
temperino  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2024 9:50:44 AM(UTC)
temperino

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Good morning, in a trading system I insert a buy/sell conditions and I can also set other conditions via the order type on limit and stop limit. The trading system works well and shows me the entry and exit points on the selected chart. How can I scan stocks that meet system requirements, including stop order conditions? I have to use the explorer but how do I indicate the stop limit conditions? Thank you

Valter

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2024 5:20:08 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: temperino Go to Quoted Post

Good morning, in a trading system I insert a buy/sell conditions and I can also set other conditions via the order type on limit and stop limit. The trading system works well and shows me the entry and exit points on the selected chart. How can I scan stocks that meet system requirements, including stop order conditions? I have to use the explorer but how do I indicate the stop limit conditions? Thank you

Valter

Hello,

In order to have the Explorer to provide meaningful data that would align with what the System Tester does in this, a stop or limit order would require a logical switch to determine when the order executes.

The "Formula Primer II" does get into this a bit - https://www.metastock.com/customer/resources/formulas/primer.aspx (In particular, Chapter 6: The Logical Switch).

Per one of our formula writers, he estimates that a 3 or 4 state switch would be needed.

1) signal condition 2) limit/stop condition 3) exit/reset condition (to allow looking for other trades)

This is something our formula writing team can potentially assist with (there is a fee for any completed work however). If this is something you would like them to look at, you can start a custom formula work request at - https://www.metastock.com/customer/resources/formulas/customformulaform.aspx

temperino  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2024 7:45:10 AM(UTC)
temperino

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Thanks