logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jhmathisjr  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2024 12:09:34 AM(UTC)
jhmathisjr

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hello,

I currently have Metastock 18 D/C and attempting to use a utility from EOD Data called Data Client. Data Client automates the downloading process and can basically take various file formats i.e. Ascii, CSV, etc. and convert it to legacy Metastock. Problem is that data error notifications are displayed when attempting to chart the data. NOTE: I have observed that EOD CSV files does not contain an Interval field and is possibly causing a problem. However, their ascii 8-column file does contain the Interval field and after legacy conversion, charting data errors are still observed.

Was wondering if anyone else had observed this same problem?

Of note, I can download the same ascii 8-column daily text file (as noted above) from this vendor and convert same into MSLOCAL data via the Downloader. This process works and charts perfectly but does take considerable time as each text file has to be converted individually

P.S. I have also reached out to EOD Data Technical Support Team but nothing heard as of yet

Thanks

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2024 3:46:27 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jhmathisjr Go to Quoted Post

Hello,

I currently have Metastock 18 D/C and attempting to use a utility from EOD Data called Data Client. Data Client automates the downloading process and can basically take various file formats i.e. Ascii, CSV, etc. and convert it to legacy Metastock. Problem is that data error notifications are displayed when attempting to chart the data. NOTE: I have observed that EOD CSV files does not contain an Interval field and is possibly causing a problem. However, their ascii 8-column file does contain the Interval field and after legacy conversion, charting data errors are still observed.

Was wondering if anyone else had observed this same problem?

Of note, I can download the same ascii 8-column daily text file (as noted above) from this vendor and convert same into MSLOCAL data via the Downloader. This process works and charts perfectly but does take considerable time as each text file has to be converted individually

P.S. I have also reached out to EOD Data Technical Support Team but nothing heard as of yet

Thanks

Hello,

I have not heard of issues specifically with this data vendor, but it would be good to see what the actual data errors are. While we do not have any control over their data files, there could be a common issue that could be resolved with minor adjustments. If the errors relate to data logic (i.e. high below the low price, etc.) the issue could be trickier to resolve and may require getting in touch with the data vendor to see if they can correct these issues.

MetaStock will typically store these errors within logs that can tell us precisely what is wrong with the data. This would be in the following location:

C:\Users\(Windows.Username)\AppData\Local\Innovative Market Analysis\MetaStock\18.0\Logs\MetaStock

Our support team would be happy to help review the MetaStock log if you have any difficulty doing so. They can be reached via the contact methods listed at https://www.metastock.com/company/contact.aspx