logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
shivammehta  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 3, 2021 9:18:16 AM(UTC)
shivammehta

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi,

I am using MS 10.1 pro and my OS is windows 10.

When I copy a chart from MS and past special on MS, the chart does get pasted but when I double click on the chart, so as to update it, I get the following error: "The server applicaton, source file, or item cant be found, or returned an unknown error. You may need to reinstall the server application."

Similarly when I paste special in excel I get #N/A for the values.

I have tried reinstalling MS but yet its not working. Earlier when I used to use windows XP pro this issue was not there. Could the problem be that I am using a newer windows version or is there some setting that I have not done correctly?

Please help me sort this out!

Thanks and regards. 

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 3, 2021 5:49:22 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: shivammehta Go to Quoted Post

Hi,

I am using MS 10.1 pro and my OS is windows 10.

When I copy a chart from MS and past special on MS, the chart does get pasted but when I double click on the chart, so as to update it, I get the following error: "The server applicaton, source file, or item cant be found, or returned an unknown error. You may need to reinstall the server application."

Similarly when I paste special in excel I get #N/A for the values.

I have tried reinstalling MS but yet its not working. Earlier when I used to use windows XP pro this issue was not there. Could the problem be that I am using a newer windows version or is there some setting that I have not done correctly?

Please help me sort this out!

Thanks and regards. 

Hello,

The OLE linking can be pretty picky in general. The following suggestions may help with the reliability of these connections.

-Make sure the chart/smart chart is opened first -Open Excel/PowerPoint and Paste Special/Paste Link for the Chart Object or CSV. (data should update without double-clicking)

If you have to close and re-open a particular spreadsheet, it might be best to also close and re-open the chart. It might also help to make sure to run both programs as administrator (i.e. via right-click menu)

shivammehta  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 18, 2021 2:09:18 PM(UTC)
shivammehta

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hello, I tried the above but the linking isn't yet working. One thing - in the system information under OLE registration in windows, Metastock is not there. Could that be the problem? I tried reinstalling MS but it did not solve the issue. Could you please guide on how to add MS on the ole registration manually? Thank You