logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PTJim  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 6:17:43 PM(UTC)
PTJim

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)

(As an aside, is anybody who is reading this using RMO?  I welcome feedback and comments to avoid wasting time if consensus is that it's not worth pursuing.)

[ I think I figured out a solution on my own, but please let me know if there's a more-efficient, faster way to do this.  Here's what I came up with for Column C (see full Exploration details below) - this seems to be working to find charts with a Blue Up-Arrow appearing on the chart within the last 10 bars.  I'm not sure if 10 bars is the right parameter setting for me, but it's a good starting/test point. ]

ColC: BarsSince(Cross(Fml("SwingTrd 2"), Fml("SwingTrd 3"))) < 11

--------- Original Posting -------------

I've been trying to broaden my horizons and comfort zone a bit by working with trends instead of my usual counter-trend swing trades - decided to check out the RMO system in MS16.

My coding skills have atrophied and are embarrassingly rusty as time advances; I can figure out and modify existing code but am having trouble creating an Exploration to catch the basic RMO buy-signal indicator alignments.  I was surprised that this fundamental tool isn't among the simple RMO Explorations included and have been unsuccessful in finding sample code elsewhere in online archives.

I also tried to search for "RMO" here on the forum, but the search function demands more than three characters and alternatives I tried didn't locate what I need.

I want to explore for the following:

Rahul Mohindar Osc (RMO) > 0   (long-term bullish)  AND

SwingTrd 2 has crossed above zero  (creates a Blue bar after red bar) AND

SwingTrd 2 has crossed above SwingTrd 3  within the last xx bars  (creates a Blue up-arrow)

It's the last one that has got me stalled out; can't remember or find the syntax for finding a condition within a defined number of previous bars.

Here's my coding to find all three conditions on only the last bar; this works fine, but I need to scan for ColC within the last xx bars, not just today:

ColA: Fml( "Rahul Mohindar Osc (RMO)") > 0

ColB: Cross(Fml( "SwingTrd 2"), 0)

ColC: Cross(Fml( "SwingTrd 2"), Fml( "SwingTrd 3"))

Filter: (colA + colB + colC = 3)

I expect I'm going to smack my forehead when I see it, but I'll risk further brain damage for some coding assistance here.

As always, thanks gang.

Edited by user Friday, May 31, 2019 10:24:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Added my proposed solution at the top.

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 5:06:29 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PTJim Go to Quoted Post

(As an aside, is anybody who is reading this using RMO?  I welcome feedback and comments to avoid wasting time if consensus is that it's not worth pursuing.)

[ I think I figured out a solution on my own, but please let me know if there's a more-efficient, faster way to do this.  Here's what I came up with for Column C (see full Exploration details below) - this seems to be working to find charts with a Blue Up-Arrow appearing on the chart within the last 10 bars.  I'm not sure if 10 bars is the right parameter setting for me, but it's a good starting/test point. ]

ColC: BarsSince(Cross(Fml("SwingTrd 2"), Fml("SwingTrd 3"))) < 11

--------- Original Posting -------------

I've been trying to broaden my horizons and comfort zone a bit by working with trends instead of my usual counter-trend swing trades - decided to check out the RMO system in MS16.

My coding skills have atrophied and are embarrassingly rusty as time advances; I can figure out and modify existing code but am having trouble creating an Exploration to catch the basic RMO buy-signal indicator alignments.  I was surprised that this fundamental tool isn't among the simple RMO Explorations included and have been unsuccessful in finding sample code elsewhere in online archives.

I also tried to search for "RMO" here on the forum, but the search function demands more than three characters and alternatives I tried didn't locate what I need.

I want to explore for the following:

Rahul Mohindar Osc (RMO) > 0   (long-term bullish)  AND

SwingTrd 2 has crossed above zero  (creates a Blue bar after red bar) AND

SwingTrd 2 has crossed above SwingTrd 3  within the last xx bars  (creates a Blue up-arrow)

It's the last one that has got me stalled out; can't remember or find the syntax for finding a condition within a defined number of previous bars.

Here's my coding to find all three conditions on only the last bar; this works fine, but I need to scan for ColC within the last xx bars, not just today:

ColA: Fml( "Rahul Mohindar Osc (RMO)") > 0

ColB: Cross(Fml( "SwingTrd 2"), 0)

ColC: Cross(Fml( "SwingTrd 2"), Fml( "SwingTrd 3"))

Filter: (colA + colB + colC = 3)

I expect I'm going to smack my forehead when I see it, but I'll risk further brain damage for some coding assistance here.

As always, thanks gang.

The Alert function allows you to extend a 'True' condition over X periods, so basically just: Alert(Cross(Fml( "SwingTrd 2"), Fml( "SwingTrd 3")),X)