logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
koyasan  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 4:51:29 AM(UTC)
koyasan

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I have 3 charts of AudUsd in 3 different time frames (daily,4hr and 1hr). I saved the 3 charts to form a layout and then saved the layout as a template. When I open the power console I use the online list to apply the template and the template opens as expected containing the 3 charts of different time frames. However when I use the advance arrow to move to next security it looks like all 3 charts have now moved to AudCad as expected but only the Daily chart is showing the values of AudCad and the other 2 charts in the template have new headings saying AudCad but the values and chart are still AudUsd? This use to work perfectly but is no longer the case. I've tried saving new layouts and templates but get the same result. Single charts saved as a template are no problem, only when I save a layout as a template. Hope this is clear. Any suggestions?  My version is 14.0.3403

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 4:07:02 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: koyasan Go to Quoted Post

I have 3 charts of AudUsd in 3 different time frames (daily,4hr and 1hr). I saved the 3 charts to form a layout and then saved the layout as a template. When I open the power console I use the online list to apply the template and the template opens as expected containing the 3 charts of different time frames. However when I use the advance arrow to move to next security it looks like all 3 charts have now moved to AudCad as expected but only the Daily chart is showing the values of AudCad and the other 2 charts in the template have new headings saying AudCad but the values and chart are still AudUsd? This use to work perfectly but is no longer the case. I've tried saving new layouts and templates but get the same result. Single charts saved as a template are no problem, only when I save a layout as a template. Hope this is clear. Any suggestions?  My version is 14.0.3403

Hello,

I would also make sure that within the Choose Instrument button (next to the Next/Previous arrows) within the Options tab that you have the setting set for "Use Chart as Template" and "Change All Charts In Layout" is enabled.

I believe there may have been a bug in v14 related to this where Change All Charts in Layout was partially applying to the layout even when "Use Smart Chart" was the selected option.

koyasan  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 11:15:38 PM(UTC)
koyasan

Appreciate the prompt response, thank you. I did check the options tab and was at correct settings but no improvement.I did notice that if I quickly advance the template through the securities then sometimes all the charts in the layout change correctly and also the fault tends to be more prominent with the FX crosses rather than with USD. I rebuilt a layout template from scratch and that cured the issue for awhile. Maybe a coincidence but just updated the symbol list with the update utility a few days ago and I think the problem started after that. I'm inclined to agree that there is a bug in this version, I've grown accustomed to a few of those. Presumably to restore functionality I would have to pay for an upgrade or restrict my templates to single charts. I'm no software genius but seems to me over the years as Metastock has added some dubious functionality (eg Forecaster) the bugs have have been busy breeding.
MS Support  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 11:56:13 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)

Originally Posted by: koyasan Go to Quoted Post
Appreciate the prompt response, thank you. I did check the options tab and was at correct settings but no improvement.I did notice that if I quickly advance the template through the securities then sometimes all the charts in the layout change correctly and also the fault tends to be more prominent with the FX crosses rather than with USD. I rebuilt a layout template from scratch and that cured the issue for awhile. Maybe a coincidence but just updated the symbol list with the update utility a few days ago and I think the problem started after that. I'm inclined to agree that there is a bug in this version, I've grown accustomed to a few of those. Presumably to restore functionality I would have to pay for an upgrade or restrict my templates to single charts. I'm no software genius but seems to me over the years as Metastock has added some dubious functionality (eg Forecaster) the bugs have have been busy breeding.

You may want to call in to our support department and have them take a look specifically to see what might be happening. The issue I was referring should only occur when the option is set to Use Smart Chart (and the Change All Charts in Layout is checkmarked). Use Smart Chart is not designed to change all the charts in the layout, but it was taking effect inappropriately.

koyasan  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2018 10:48:54 AM(UTC)
koyasan

Thanks.I have rebuilt a layout using only 2 charts and saved as a template which works fine, so will use that as I need to spend my time trading as opposed to maintaining and finding workarounds for charting software. I did try to get all that I require into two charts but not surprising I get runtime errors so have reduced the functionality to avoid this. When it gets to the point of charting software limiting my capacity to trade then I'll contact MS support (which in fairness I have always found helpful). Please take this comment as a positive......for experienced traders we just need MS to invest in constantly developing a robust, reliable and high powered engine to drive MS.
thanks 1 user thanked koyasan for this useful post.
MS Support on 11/28/2018(UTC)