logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chrisdr22  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 7:36:54 AM(UTC)
chrisdr22

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)

Hi,

I've recently subscribed to US/Canada/South America region + Worldwide Indices.  I am writing indicators that include the following indices - the data comes from the "Worldwide Indices" package:

NASDAQ Advancing Issues

NASDAQ Declining Issues

NASDAQ Unchanged Issues

+ the equivalents for the NYSE

As I live in HK I also plan to use the indicators for the Hang Seng Index, however, I can't find equivalent indices in the package, or anywhere else. 

Is there any publicly available information about how these indices are created?  I'd like to see whether it is possible to create equivalents for the Hang Seng Index.

Thanks

Christopher

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 5:41:37 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: chrisdr22 Go to Quoted Post

Hi,

I've recently subscribed to US/Canada/South America region + Worldwide Indices.  I am writing indicators that include the following indices - the data comes from the "Worldwide Indices" package:

NASDAQ Advancing Issues

NASDAQ Declining Issues

NASDAQ Unchanged Issues

+ the equivalents for the NYSE

As I live in HK I also plan to use the indicators for the Hang Seng Index, however, I can't find equivalent indices in the package, or anywhere else. 

Is there any publicly available information about how these indices are created?  I'd like to see whether it is possible to create equivalents for the Hang Seng Index.

Thanks

Christopher

Hello,

We also provide this data for Australia and Canada which follows the same general format you listed above.

X.AUS-A X.TSE-D

This data comes from our data provider, which ultimately is provided by the exchanges. Sometimes providers will differ in how they calculate such things (i.e. whether to include preferred stocks/warrants/etc).

Our real-time data packages have many additional market statistics for the various regions/exchanges.

thanks 1 user thanked MS Support for this useful post.
chrisdr22 on 8/20/2018(UTC)