logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
martinlw123  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 4:57:54 AM(UTC)
martinlw123

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I had to recreate a chart for the Nasdaq Trin in Metastock 15 after upgrading from 10.1.  I used the old method of applying a C/V formula to a composite of the Nasdaq advancing symbol and the Nasdaq declining symbol.  Those symbols are X.NASD-A and X.NASD-D.  They don't appear in the symbol lookup dialog for new Public Online Data Lists.  The Arms Index formula creation instructions found in 15 aren't as simple. A web search for Metastock Trin formula will turn up the old instructions using the C/V formula. 

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 6:48:14 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: martinlw123 Go to Quoted Post

I had to recreate a chart for the Nasdaq Trin in Metastock 15 after upgrading from 10.1.  I used the old method of applying a C/V formula to a composite of the Nasdaq advancing symbol and the Nasdaq declining symbol.  Those symbols are X.NASD-A and X.NASD-D.  They don't appear in the symbol lookup dialog for new Public Online Data Lists.  The Arms Index formula creation instructions found in 15 aren't as simple. A web search for Metastock Trin formula will turn up the old instructions using the C/V formula. 

Hi,

These particular instruments are a bit unusual in that we create them directly as opposed to them being valid within the Reuters universe. Because both real-time and end-of-day share an instrument list, these instruments were left out of the public list areas.

You can also add these symbols to a custom list, and create some simple online composites using File > New > Composite and add these to a custom list (i.e. NYSE Adv-Dec would be X.NYSE-A subtracted from X.NYSE-D)

There should also be a large list of custom indicators within the Indicator Builder/QuickList that all start with BM NASDAQ or BM NYSE. While these are treated as indicators as opposed to instruments within a chart (using the Security formula function), they might help accomplish what you are looking to do (i.e. BM NASDAQ Arms Index).

martinlw123  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 12:01:36 AM(UTC)
martinlw123

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I see those listed in the indicator Quicklist now. Maybe I'll use them another time. The old way worked for me.