logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gorachand  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 2:54:53 PM(UTC)
gorachand

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello, I feel like a fool asking this question as it is so elementary --- but since it is worrying me I must ask it. A simple exploration plugged into the filter column adx(14)>75 returns securities where most of the securities ADX's are around 50. The syntax must be correct as a similiar exploration in Amibroker ( which has some similarities to Metastock)works fine. I first thought that the data provider or the software installation was causing the problem. I changed the exploration data and reinstalled Merastock--- same result. The exploration was run in the 5 min time frame. Can anyone help? Regards, Dr.Chatterjee
MS Support  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 3:49:21 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)

Originally Posted by: gorachand Go to Quoted Post
Hello, I feel like a fool asking this question as it is so elementary --- but since it is worrying me I must ask it. A simple exploration plugged into the filter column adx(14)>75 returns securities where most of the securities ADX's are around 50. The syntax must be correct as a similiar exploration in Amibroker ( which has some similarities to Metastock)works fine. I first thought that the data provider or the software installation was causing the problem. I changed the exploration data and reinstalled Merastock--- same result. The exploration was run in the 5 min time frame. Can anyone help? Regards, Dr.Chatterjee

If using version 11 or older you might have a specific date set within the Exploration Editor > Options. Beyond that, we would probably need to know more about the data (updating live, local data, etc).

gorachand  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2017 6:01:48 PM(UTC)
gorachand

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello, I discovered my error. The solution is not to tick-- load minimum records. Regards, Dr.Chatterjee